The Lamborghini Urus Feels As Heavy as It Looks but It’s Mind-Blowingly Fast
There's one word to describe the Urus: excess.
And I thought the Jaguar F-Pace SVR was a hefty beast.
- Car: 2021 Lamborghini Urus
- Location: Southern California
- Photog: 16vPete (Instagram)
- Camera: Canon 6D, 50mm 1.8 AF
The Lamborghini Urus, on the other hand, weighs in at 4,844 pounds before you tack on luxury options. This is a solid 300 pounds more than the F-Pace and boy does it feel it. Though, it also feels fast. Its 0-60 mph time of 3.2 seconds is frankly astonishing, and I’m still having trouble wrapping my head around all that weight hitting this benchmark in so little time.
The car looks, feels, and is simply massive. But it’s quicker than the vast majority of cars on the road. Though it also costs considerably more than the vast majority of the cars on the road, so there’s that.
I guess if there’s one word to describe this Italo-German behemoth, it’s excess. Excess in weight, stats, price, and visual impact. Throwing down such a mighty sum of coin to roll around in this color combination takes someone who’s not afraid of showing off a little green. Pun thoroughly intended. And honestly, good on ’em, because it’s an excessive amount of fun as well.
What to read next:
- Watch Peter Nelson participate in Land Rover’s Trophy Competition driving all-new Defenders in the mountains of Asheville, North Carolina.
- Why drift fans are mourning Japan’s Ebisu Minami drift circuit.
- It’s a major deal that iRacing put a factory-supported Mercedes F1 car into its simulator, and Chris Rosales tested it out.
- If you weren’t able to check out Autopia 2099, we attended the EV car show and took a bunch of photos.
- Find out why downgrading from coilovers back to conventional suspension can be the right move for the right situation.