The GT4 RS Cayman Is in Serious Danger of Becoming the Coolest New Porsche
Porsche promises 0 to 60 mph in 3.2 seconds, and a top speed of 196 mph.
This is going to sound elitist as hell, but if you’re into performance cars, you either appreciate Porsches or you’ve never driven one. They’re just so dang sharp, smooth, and impressive. The new 718 Cayman GT4 RS might not be the flat-out fastest car in the German automaker’s stable, but with a very small body and a stratospheric redline, it may very well be the coolest.
- Car: 718 Cayman GT4 RS
- Location: Flacht, Germany (spiritually)
- Photog: Unknown (image owned by Porsche, used with permission)
- Camera: Unknown
I try not to share too many press photos you’re likely to see all over the internet here in our daily Feature Photo section but man, this car is just something I want to drink up. It’s the rolling embodiment of hardcore driving machine and looks every inch an absolute beast.
The Drive has a nice little 2022 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS rundown you can check out for some details, but the highlights are: It’s a 3,227-pound Cayman with a naturally aspirated flat-six claiming 493 horsepower. Porsche promises 0 to 60 mph in 3.2 seconds, and a top speed of 196 mph.
If you’re still curious for more specs, Porsche’s own release has a healthy serving.
More great stories on Car Bibles
- Car Bibles made its first full video! Check out this technical comparison of the Lexus IS F and the new Lexus IS 500.
- Chris Rosales got into a crash in his VW Golf GTI, and it rattled his mental health more than expected.
- We compared a 2021 Land Rover Defender 90 to an old Land Rover Discovery 1 to see how the two stacked up against each other.
- Years of car culture have vanished from public view after Jalopnik’s overloads hid thousands of images.
- The drag strip is made for burning rubber and inspiring young enthusiasts.