The Best Runny-Egg Porsche’s Best Angle
The most unforgettable racecar face, ever.
The Porsche 911 GT1 Evo‘s best angle isn’t one that highlights its long, flowing bodywork. That’s definitely in the top three, though. No, it’s best angle is looking straight on at its glorious runny-egg headlights, especially with some of its GT1 racecar rivals in the background. Like this shot with a Mercedes CLK GTR and, well, another 911 GT1, except a bit more out of focus.
- Car: Porsche 911 GT1 Evo
- Location: Unknown
- Photog: Unknown (used with permission from Porsche)
- Camera: Unknown
This is easily one of the best-looking racecars of all time. I think it’s really neat that this was the origin of the runny-egg headlight, a means for Porsche to market the 911’s new face before it slapped it on the production car, the 996-generation 911, and released it to the public. Talk about heavy race on Sunday, sell on Monday vibes, even if the GT1 was almost nothing like the road car.
What to read next:
- Car Bibles launched a new series, Car Confessions and Hard Lessons. In the first installment, Victoria Scott writes how she learned that her beloved Toyota Supra wasn’t her entire identity.
- Kevin Williams bought a rear-engined RWD car for basically nothing. Spoiler: It’s a Mitsubishi i-MiEV.
- EV test drive and review: The 2021 Polestar 2 feels like a Lancer Evo made by Crate & Barrel.
- Mercedes-Benz previously said three-box sedans look bad as electric cars. The 620-mile Vision EQXX Concept shows off its alternative design.