Racecar Garages Are Rest Stops, Hospitals, and Showrooms in One
Two World Challenge brutes getting some much needed rest.
I snapped this photo at Road America in Wisconsin when the Pirelli World Challenge was in town. Somewhat surprisingly, the Maserati on the right was one of the loudest cars on track that day. Though they were in different classes, the Audi and Maserati were assigned as neighbors in the garage, where they are stored, fixed, and shown off to the public.
- Car: Pirelli World Challenge GTA-Class Audi R8 and GTS-class Maserati Gran Turismo MC
- Location: Road America, Wisconsin
- Photog: Peter Nelson (Instagram)
- Camera: Canon 6D, 35-70mm EF 4.0 Zoom
Unfortunately, I didn’t catch the GTA-class race that day but did watch a bit of GTS. I swear the Gran Turismo spit out more decibels from its exhaust than the rest of its class. That thing was even louder than its Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang, and Aston Martin Vantage rivals. Whether it was raging down one of Road America’s high-speed straightaways or battling in the corners with other cars, you could always pick out its exhaust note.
What to read next:
- In the newest Car Bibles video, EIC Andrew Collins demonstrates how and why he upgraded his garage with all-new LED lights.
- Car Bibles launched a new series, Car Confessions and Hard Lessons. In the third installment, Engineering Explained creator Jason Fenske explains why buying a Subaru WRX STI was the worst car decision he’s ever made.
- With its new used car platform Car Bravo, GM is aiming to beat out companies like CarMax and Carvana at their own games.
- The first 2022 Subaru WRX dyno numbers are in, and they tell a deeper story.
- We know the used car market is crazy, but you should keep your eye on these three excellent 2000s sport sedans.