OBD2 Code P0113: What It Means
Figuring out why your Check Engine Light is on means deciphering OBD-II (or “OBD2”) codes, and that can be kind...
Figuring out why your Check Engine Light is on means deciphering OBD-II (or “OBD2”) codes, and that can be kind of annoying. That’s why Car Bibles did it for you! You’re welcome, now let’s get into solving your issue.
OBD2 P0113: What It Means
This code reads as “IAT sensor circuit high input.” Simply put, that means that the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor is seeing higher voltage than it’s designed for.
Here’s what you may experience due to the P0113 code:
- Check Engine Light. A CEL will always be triggered by the P0113 code.
- Misfires, rough running. The engine computer relies on inputs from sensors like the IAT sensor to determine fueling. Without the right data, the engine runs incorrectly.
Here’s what could be causing the issue:
- Bad IAT sensor. If the sensor fails internally, it could short circuit within itself and cause a faulty voltage reading.
- Corroded wiring. If the wiring is damaged, it could create too much electrical resistance that results in a high voltage condition.
What Part Is Potentially Affected?
If the intake air temperature sensor (IAT) is faulty, or the associated wiring is faulty, it can cause a lean running condition in the engine. That could foul spark plugs or even cause real internal damage if left for too long.
Here are the most common fixes to remedy the P0113 code:
- Replace the IAT sensor. If the sensor has failed internally, it will need to be replaced.
- Repair IAT wiring. If the wiring is visually corroded or damaged, there is a high likelihood that this is your issue.
Finding The Parts You Need
Now that you’ve figured out what’s wrong with your hooptie, let’s talk about where you’re gonna find that part’s replacement.
There are plenty of places you can buy auto parts from, but Car Bibles gets paid if you click this Advance Auto link so that’s the one we’re serving up. Advance Auto Parts also has delivery, curbside pickup, and a host of helpful diagrams to aid your repair!