OBD2 Code P0102: What It Means
Figuring out why your Check Engine Light is on means deciphering OBD-II (or “OBD2”) codes, and that can be kind...
Figuring out why your Check Engine Light is on means deciphering OBD-II (or “OBD2”) codes, and that can be kind of annoying. That’s why Car Bibles did it for you! You’re welcome, now let’s get into solving your issue.
OBD2 P0102: What It Means
Your vehicle needs air to create combustion. The Mass Airflow sensor, or MAF, measures and regulates the amount of air your vehicle is consuming. Code P0102 signifies “MAF sensor circuit low voltage input.” The vehicle’s computer has recognized that there is not enough voltage being supplied to the MAF sensor, allowing it to function correctly.
- Illuminated Check Engine Light. P0102 will cause a CEL.
- Rough running engine, poor fuel economy. Incorrect fuel/air ratios because of faulty MAF sensor values will cause poor running conditions.
- Dirty or broken MAF sensor. A broken MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor can’t give correct readings to your vehicle’s computer.
- Short in wiring to MAF sensor. If the wiring to the MAF sensor is faulty, it can’t give correct readings to your vehicle’s computer.
What Part is Potentially Affected?
A poorly running engine, especially one that is misfiring, can damage engine components like the catalytic converter.
- Repair/replace/clean MAF sensor. Replacement or cleaning MAF sensor will allow it to function correctly. Be careful to only use cleaning products specifically designed for MAFs, because these parts are very sensitive.
- Repair MAF Sensor Wiring. Repairing the wiring to the MAF sensor, making sure it’s supplying the correct voltage to the MAF sensor.
Finding The Parts You Need
Now that you’ve figured out what’s wrong with your hooptie, let’s talk about where you’re gonna find that part’s replacement.
There are plenty of places you can buy auto parts from, but Car Bibles gets paid if you click this Advance Auto link so that’s the one we’re serving up. Advance Auto Parts also has delivery, curbside pickup, and a host of helpful diagrams to aid your repair!