If You Don’t Like This Red Porsche 996, You’re Just Wrong
This is high-key one of my favorite specs of Porsche.
I love runny-egg Porsches to a fault. I appreciate the runny-egg look so much that I recently came a little too close to buying a cheap broken-down 986 Boxster from Copart. I’m glad I didn’t, because what I bought instead is in immensely better shape and is a perfect platform for my future plans. But still, there’s something about those headlights on that era of Porsche that can lead to some very poor financial decisions.
- Car: 996 Porsche 911
- Location: Southern California
- Photog: Peter Nelson (Instagram)
- Camera: iPhone 7
When you combine that style with Porsche red (presumably Guards Red), kick-ass wheels, and a factory aero body kit, my jaw instantly drops to the ground. This is such an all-around good-looking Porsche. Other cars are awfully overrated when painted in red, but this is just wonderful.
What to read next:
- Kevin Williams writes why his EV road trips around the midwest sucked, largely due to chargers and infrastructure.
- Oops! Forza Horizon 5 misnamed an obscure Chinese car for seemingly no reason.
- This overlooked Ford could be a focal point for used Blue Oval tuning.
- Not good: It looks like NYC traffic cameras can bust you for exhaust noise now.
- Project i-MiEV update: I broke a piece of plastic, and now I have to remove a 500-pound battery.
- We have extremely pedantic observations about gauge clusters to discuss.
- To Ohio kids, LeBron James’ Hummer H2 was uniquely inspiring.