- 1. Wagan Soft Velour 12V Heated Seat Cushion
- 2. Sojoy SJ154A Universal 12V Heated Car Seat Heater
- 3. SNAILAX Seat Cushion
- 4. KINGLETING 12-Volt Heated Seat Cushion
- 5. Zento Deals 2pc. Black Heated Car Seat Cushion
- 6. AUDEW Heated Seat Cushion Winter Car Seat
- 7. Zone Tech Car Heated Seat Cover Cushion
- Best Heated Car Seat Cover Buying Guide
The days when you needed to buy a luxury car to enjoy heated seats are over. Thanks to the wide range of heated car seat covers available you can add luxurious seat heating to your classic car or daily driver. From covers costing a few dollars up to higher-end models, there are a wide range of products available in the heated seat cover/cushion market. Some seat heater cushions are even able to keep you cool in the summertime with clever constructions and ventilating materials before switching to heat production during those cold winter months.
All of the heaters on this list work on the standard 12V DC power found in the vast majority of vehicles’ cigarette lighters/auxiliary power outputs, and some models also arrive at your door with adapters that allow them to run on 24V power for use in homes, offices, trucks, and boats. Sitting on a heated seat provides relief for sore muscles as well as back pain and swollen joints. This article will detail the top seat heater covers/cushions from across the market and provide you with their key features, strengths and weaknesses.
The Best Car Seat Covers
Wagan’s offering in the seat heater market comes designed with comfort in mind. Equipped with thick foam padding and a velour covering the IN9438 keeps you comfortable and supported up to its 114 degree Fahrenheit maximum temperature. Running on the standard 12V DC power from your vehicle’s accessory power system, the IN9438 features and low temperature settings as well as a power-off function mean you won’t have to worry about unplugging the heater when your vehicle is in use.
The heater cushion’s wide-coverage design means that you can also use it to provide a clean, unbroken surface to cover up any unsightly damage to your vehicle’s seats. Its four clips, two elastic straps, and four bottom-mounted cinch straps mean that you won’t have to worry about the cushion moving around under you.
- Foam and polyurethane construction
- 114 degrees Fahrenheit maximum heating temperature
- High/Low/Off temperature control
- 12V DC power
- Brand Wagan
- Model IN9438
- Weight 1.5 lbs
Sojoy’s SJ154A heated car seat cover brings warmth and comfort to any vehicle with a 12V DC power output in the cabin. Going beyond simply warming you on cold days, the SJ154A utilizes a comfortable and breathable construction to vastly improve any seat that it’s applied to.
Waiting for your seat to heat up is not something you’ll have to worry about as Sojoy’s offering hits its maximum temperature within three to five minutes of being switched on and also comes with high and low heat settings to ensure that you always receive the right amount of heat. The seat heating cover also comes with a thirty minute timer to switch it off automatically once your ride is toasty and warm during winter driving. The SJ154A is capable of hitting a body-warming temperature of 115 Fahrenheit.
- Breathable polyester construction
- Full heating achieved in 3-5 minutes
- Elastic belts and hook an loop fasteners make the cover adaptable to any vehicle
- Powered by your vehicle’s 12V DC power output
- Brand Sojoy
- Model SJ154A
- Weight 1 lb
Snailax’s SL26A8 brings clever design, heating/cooling ability, and go-anywhere versatility to the seat heater market. By utilizing a 3D mesh construction the SL26 is able to solve the problem of the user’s body blocking vents which can lead to uncomfortable and sticky seats during the summertime. The cushion’s upper and lower sides are made of breathable mesh while the innards are produced with a supportive polyester construction.
When the temperature drops and you need your seat to heat you up the SL26 has you covered with dual zone rapid heating capability and overheat protection to ensure you always end up with a stable heater temperature. Snailax’s offering can be powered by 12V DC power but also comes with a 24V adapter for use in trucks and boats as well as your home or office. Adjustable straps make sure that the SL62 works perfectly with any chair or seat that you care to sit on.
- Heating in the winter, cooling in the summer
- Overheat protection to guarantee a stable temperature
- 3D breathable mesh construction
- Works with 12V DC power as well as 24V truck, boat, and home use
- Brand Snailax
- Model SL26A8
- Weight 3.96 lbs
Kingleting’s SM-01 allows for true intelligent temperature control from a seat heater. Eschewing the usual industry standard of high/low/off settings, the SM-01 allows its operator to choose the exact temperature they want in increments of three degrees Celsius. It also features a timer to ensure that the heater doesn’t end up draining your battery should you forget to turn it off when leaving your vehicle. Additionally, the SM-01 is capable of switching itself on and off so that it can maintain the temperature that you asked it for without becoming too hot or too cold.
With a range of temperatures available between 30 and 60 degrees Celsius the SM-01 takes your vehicle’s 12V DC power and turns it into comfortable and customizable heating power for those cold winter days. Kingleting also provides a luxurious look and feel with the SM-01’s black surface blending in well against leather.
- Intelligent temperature control allows adjustment from 30 to 60 degrees Celsius in increments of 3 degrees.
- 12V DC power
- Begin to feel heating in just two minutes
- Automatic power off and on based on maintaining your chosen temperature
- Brand Kingleting
- Model SM-01
- Weight 1.19 lbs
Zento Deals’ SE19 comes to the market with a focus on the health benefits of the improved circulation you’ll enjoy through heating your body in cold conditions. The SE19 aims to be an extremely comfortable surface to sit on with thick foam padding within the cushion and a surface of super-soft satin. Zento Deals says that this satin, while soft and supple, will last for a long period of time.
Cleaning is simple and can be taken care of by wiping down the surface of the cushion with a damp cloth. The market-standard elastic straps and securing clips mean that the SE19 is universally adaptable and Zento Deals even suggests using the cushion to keep you warm during camping trips. The cushion runs off 12V DC power and should be unplugged from the power source when not in use.
- 30 to 60 minute temperature adjustment
- Focus on health benefits of improves circulation
- 12V DC power
- Can also be used as a heating pad while camping
- Brand Zento Deals
- Model SE19 NEW
- Weight 2.14 pounds
Audew’s Motorgirl 31 comes equipped to ease your sore muscles and aching back with rapid and even heat distribution thanks to its carbon fiber internal wiring. With the ability to hit a maximum heating temperature of 60 degrees Celsius you’ll be happy to know that the Motorgirl31 features constant temperature control to ensure that the unit will shut off if it becomes too warm.
Supportive polyester construction ensures that there will be no lumps in your seat heater cushion and that it will keep you comfortable on long journeys. The Motorgirl31, like the other heater cushion on this list, runs on your car or truck’s 12V DC power outlet.
- Carbon fiber wiring for rapid, even heat distribution
- Relieves muscle soreness, back pain, sore joints
- Constant temperature control
- 60 degrees Celsius maximum temperature
- Brand Audew
- Model Motorgirl31
- Weight 0.16 oz
The Zone Tech SE0002 comes in a pack of two so you and your passenger can both enjoy the comfort and health benefits of a heated seat during the winter. The cushions come with a smooth black finish and do away with lumpy wires that can bunch up and become uncomfortable to sit on in favor of an ingenious far-infrared heating technology system.
Like the Motorgirl31, Zone Tech’s offering aims not only to comfort and warm you, but also to use its heating power to provide health benefits like improved circulation and relief from tired and sore muscles. The SE0002 comes equipped with elastic straps and under-seat hooks to secure it in place while its light weight makes it easy and convenient to transport. It runs off any 12V DC power outlet and features high, low and off settings in case you simply want to add a little comfort to your vehicle’s seats without using the SE0002’s heating capabilities.
- Comes with two seat heater cushions for you and a passenger
- Uses far-infrared heating to eliminate sitting on uncomfortable wires
- Light and portable
- Begins to heat immediately, reaches full temperature within minutes
- Brand Zone Tech
- Model SE0002-2pk
- Weight 1.06 lbs
Best Heated Car Seat Cover Buying Guide
How Do Heated Car Seat Covers Work?
Heated car seat covers work by achieving exactly the same outcome as heated seats in luxury cars, only at a much cheaper price and with no time-consuming installation required. Wires are fed through the interior of the heated seat cushion known as resistors because they resist the flow of electricity through them which creates friction and thus heat. If the resistor was on for an unlimited amount of time it would continue to heat the seat and could become a fire hazard so thermostats are employed to ensure that this doesn’t happen. When the heater cushion starts to get too hot the thermostat steps in and switches the heating element off. When the cushion cools down the thermostat then turns the element back on which maintains the heat at the desired level.
Can a Car Seat Heater Be Dangerous?
In short, yes. A car seat heater can be dangerous in a couple of ways. Like any electrical product, you should make sure that the wiring that’s visible to you it in good condition and not frayed or missing chunks of insulation. Extreme cold can cause the wire’s exterior insulation to become brittle and crack once you move it. This exposes the wires within and can lead to sparking and even fires in some cases. Make sure that any car seat heater that you buy comes with the applicable approvals for the area that you live in. Safety standards can vary by country and region so it’s important to make sure that your electronic devices meet those standards for your area as conditions and therefore required safety levels vary.
A malfunctioning heater may also become too hot which can lead to burns in severe cases. Luckily, shutting the heater off is as simple as unplugging it. The 12V DC power outlets found in most vehicles are usually in an easily accessible place so as long as you’re not unconscious you should be able to avoid being burned by a malfunctioning heater relatively easily.
Benefits of a Heated Car Seat
Heated car seats can provide motorists with a couple of benefits. First and most obviously there’s the fact that they make the interior of your car a nicer place to be during the cold winter months. On top of this, heating your body can provide benefits to your health in the form of improved circulation and relief from muscle pain, sore backs, and painful joints. Some manufacturers even suggest using their seat heating cushions as a source of warmth during camping trips.
Tips for Staying Comfortable when Stuck in the Car
Staying in a car for hours on end while on a long journey can be tiring, boring, and uncomfortable. Being stuck by the side of the road can make these unwelcome experiences even more intense. The best way to stay comfortable while stuck in a car for a long period of time is planning.
- Plan the fastest route or one that interests you and will allow you to see beautiful things out of the window.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you know will not be annoying to sit mostly still in for hours at a time.
- Take some small pillows on your journey with you to support your lower back and help you to spend some of the time sleeping (as long as you’re not the driver!).
- Make sure to keep a blanket in the trunk just in case you get cold in winter or want to have a nice picnic in summer.
- Take a good book or another form of entertainment along with you to help the time pass by quickly. This point is incredibly important when travelling with small children!
- If you’re worried about getting stuck at the side of the road in a winter storm make sure that you have a candle and source of fire with you in your car. Modern cars are insulated well enough that a single candle burning has the ability to keep you comfortably warm in emergency situations. Just be careful not to knock the lit candle over!
Related Post: Best Convertible Car Seats
- How does a heated car seat work – Do It Yourself
- Benefits of heated car seat – FastFitNationWide
- 4 essential things to know about your car’s seat warmers – YourMechanic