- 1. Black Panther Car Seat Covers
- 2. The Lakeside Collection Heated Seat Cover
- 3. Sojoy Comfort Seat Cushion
- 4. Zone Tech Car Heated Seat Cover
- 5. Kingleting Warmer Seat Cushion with Intelligent Temperature Controller
- 6. Kool Tech Universal 12V Adjustable Heated Seat Cover
- 7. Novashion Rear Seat Heated Cushion Cover
- Best Heated Car Seat Cover Buying Guide
The days when you needed to buy a luxury car to enjoy heated seats are over. Thanks to the wide range of heated car seat covers available you can add luxurious seat heating to your classic car or daily driver. From covers costing a few dollars up to higher-end models, there are a wide range of products available in the heated seat cover/cushion market. Some seat heater cushions are even able to keep you cool in the summertime with clever constructions and ventilating materials before switching to heat production during those cold winter months.
All of the heaters on this list work on the standard 12V DC power found in the vast majority of vehicles’ cigarette lighters/auxiliary power outputs, and some models also arrive at your door with adapters that allow them to run on 24V power for use in homes, offices, trucks, and boats. Sitting on a heated seat provides relief for sore muscles as well as back pain and swollen joints. This article will detail the top seat heater covers/cushions from across the market and provide you with their key features, strengths and weaknesses.
The Best Car Seat Covers
Black Panther Car Seat Covers are a high-quality and clean-looking choice when it comes to reliable and fast-warming heated seat covers. They come in several different colors, allowing you the ability to match your car’s color scheme, or to accent your existing seats with a dash of color. With a universal design, the covers will fit well with almost all makes and models of vehicles. The covers feature a unique embroidery pattern and perforations that allow for excellent breathability and comfort.
The durable covers will protect your existing seats from scratches, stains, and damage, or conveniently cover already marred upholstery, making your seats look like new again. The back of these heated seat covers is equipped with a granulated rubber coating that prevents slipping. They also come equipped with two pockets in the front for inconspicuous storage of phones, wallets, keys, etc.
- Set of two PU leather seat covers
- Multiple color choices
- Fit 95 percent of vehicle makes and models
- Dual front pockets for hiding important items
- Brand Black Panther
- Model KLXCD01
- Weight 3.54 pounds
Slide The Lakeside Collection Heated Seat Cover onto your car’s seats, and you’ll be able to enjoy all of the warmth and immediate, fast-heating comfort of pricey built-in seat heaters. This cozy cover is easy to install and requires nothing more than your vehicle’s standard 12-volt outlet.
Constructed from a combination of soft and cushy polyester and polypropylene, this heated seat cover features stretchy elastic straps that secure it in place on just about any car, truck, or SUV bucket seat. The seat cover measures 19 x 39 inches in size and is thin enough to feel just like your regular old seats. A plug-in cord measures 15.5 inches long, and it includes two heat settings (high and low) so you can adjust to different temperatures.
- Measures 19 x 39 inches
- Works with any car, truck, or SUV 12-volt outlet
- Works with lighter adapters
- Brand The Lakeside Collection
- Model 2011734
- Weight 1.12 pounds
It’s hard not to fall in love with the warmth and cozy features of the Sojoy Comfort Seat Cushion. Able to reach a comfortable hot temperature in as little as three minutes, you’ll be sure to warm up quickly. This cover is made from 100 percent durable and rugged polyester that is designed to withstand some serious wear and tear. It fully covers the entire seat and seat back to provide a wide area of heat.
This heated seat cover can warm up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s easily controlled with a push-button controller that lets you select low, medium, or high heat settings. It also features a convenient built-in automatic timer that shuts off the seat cover after 30, 45, or 60 minutes to help you avoid unnecessary battery drain. This seat cover also features overheat protection as an added safety measure.
- Single full-size heated seat cover
- Overheat protection
- 100 percent polyester construction
- Three heat settings
- Automatic timer shuts heater off to save battery life
- Brand Sojoy
- Model N/A
- Weight 1.5 pounds
The Zone Tech Heated Seat Covers are sold as an affordable set, giving you two matching covers for both your front seats so no one feels left out when driving on cold days. These wide covers feature multiple anchor points that are designed to securely hold the covers in place and prevent them from shifting too much while under way.
The cushion plugs directly into your car’s 12-volt DC outlet and features a handheld control that lets you select a heat temperature of Lo, Hi, or Off. It can be incrementally adjusted up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. The seat covers are designed to fit well with almost all vehicles—even RV seats. These seat covers are constructed from high-tech flame-retardant fabric that uses infrared heating technology to quickly and efficiently heat up. It offers substantial padding for added comfort.
- Two remote-controlled heated seat covers
- Hi/Lo/Off temperature control operates in 10 degree increments
- 12-volt DC power
- Compatible with most car, truck, and RV seats
- Brand ZoneTech
- Model SE0042-UL
- Weight 2.77 pounds
We love the sleek, high-end look and the super quick heating of the Kingleting Warmer Seat Cushion with Intelligent Temperature Controller. In less than one minute, you’ll be feeling the toasty warmth across your full seat and back. It’s capable of reaching temps between 86-140 degrees Fahrenheit in increments of three degrees, making it one of the most customizable temperature controls on our list.
This unit comes with an optional automatic shut-off timer that can be set to go off after 30, 60, 90 minutes, or not stay on indefinitely. It’s also equipped with overheat protection for added safety. This cover is one of the fastest heating options on the market and does a great job of maintaining a consistent temp for as long as you want to use it.
- Intelligent temperature control allows incremental adjustment between 86-140 degrees Fahrenheit
- Optional 30-, 60-, or 90-minute auto shut-off timer
- Heats up in as little as one minute
- Sleek design and solidly constructed
- Brand Kingleting
- Model SMBK-01
- Weight 1.7 pounds
If you’re searching for a heated car seat cover that can be used in your current car or any future model you might have, the Kool Tech Universal 12V Adjustable Heated Seat Cover is just what you need. This seat cover is truly as universal as its name claims — it can work on any bucket seat in a sedan, SUV, and even truck.
With its universal size of 19 x 39 inches, this cover will have you covered (literally) when the weather changes and the temperature drops. It offers three timing and heating settings: high and low for heat, with a quick warmup option if you need to get toasty ASAP. The car seat cover is constructed with material that won’t slip or slide. It features a micro-bead bottom that’s non-slip and a little sticky, but only in the best way possible. And you’ll really appreciate how simple this 12-volt heated cover is when winter weather arrives.
- 3 settings, including two heat choices
- Non-slip underside lining prevents movement
- Works with any standard car 12-volt outlet
- Offers a quick warm-up option for faster heat delivery
- Brand Kool Tech
- Model N/A
- Weight N/A
Frustrated by heated car seat covers that only fit bucket seats or the front two seats? The Novashion Rear Seat Heated Cushion will solve your cold weather worries and discomfort. Designed just for rear bench seats, this cover will keep your passengers warm without worry. It’s the perfect solution for cars, vans, SUVs, and trucks that might otherwise find rear covers a challenge.
This heated rear seat cover is made out of smooth, wear-resistant fabric. The cover measures 130 x 48 x 1.5 centimeters in overall size. It only covers the bottom of a bench seat — but really, that’s the most important part. It plugs into your car’s 12-volt outlet or lighter power socket. The cover heats up quietly with no noise or other distractions. Once it’s up and running, the heated cover requires 42 watts.
- Measures 130 x 48 x 1.5 centimeters
- One heat setting
- Works with lighters
- Easy installation and attachment to a bench seat
- Brand Novashion
- Model N/A
- Weight N/A
Best Heated Car Seat Cover Buying Guide
How Do Heated Car Seat Covers Work?
Heated car seat covers work by achieving exactly the same outcome as heated seats in luxury cars, only at a much cheaper price and with no time-consuming installation required. Wires are fed through the interior of the heated seat cushion known as resistors because they resist the flow of electricity through them which creates friction and thus heat. If the resistor was on for an unlimited amount of time it would continue to heat the seat and could become a fire hazard so thermostats are employed to ensure that this doesn’t happen. When the heater cushion starts to get too hot the thermostat steps in and switches the heating element off. When the cushion cools down the thermostat then turns the element back on which maintains the heat at the desired level.
Can a Car Seat Heater Be Dangerous?
In short, yes. A car seat heater can be dangerous in a couple of ways. Like any electrical product, you should make sure that the wiring that’s visible to you it in good condition and not frayed or missing chunks of insulation. Extreme cold can cause the wire’s exterior insulation to become brittle and crack once you move it. This exposes the wires within and can lead to sparking and even fires in some cases. Make sure that any car seat heater that you buy comes with the applicable approvals for the area that you live in. Safety standards can vary by country and region so it’s important to make sure that your electronic devices meet those standards for your area as conditions and therefore required safety levels vary.
A malfunctioning heater may also become too hot which can lead to burns in severe cases. Luckily, shutting the heater off is as simple as unplugging it. The 12V DC power outlets found in most vehicles are usually in an easily accessible place so as long as you’re not unconscious you should be able to avoid being burned by a malfunctioning heater relatively easily.
Benefits of a Heated Car Seat
Heated car seats can provide motorists with a couple of benefits. First and most obviously there’s the fact that they make the interior of your car a nicer place to be during the cold winter months. On top of this, heating your body can provide benefits to your health in the form of improved circulation and relief from muscle pain, sore backs, and painful joints. Some manufacturers even suggest using their seat heating cushions as a source of warmth during camping trips.
Tips for Staying Comfortable when Stuck in the Car
Staying in a car for hours on end while on a long journey can be tiring, boring, and uncomfortable. Being stuck by the side of the road can make these unwelcome experiences even more intense. The best way to stay comfortable while stuck in a car for a long period of time is planning.
- Plan the fastest route or one that interests you and will allow you to see beautiful things out of the window.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you know will not be annoying to sit mostly still in for hours at a time.
- Take some small pillows on your journey with you to support your lower back and help you to spend some of the time sleeping (as long as you’re not the driver!).
- Make sure to keep a blanket in the trunk just in case you get cold in winter or want to have a nice picnic in summer.
- Take a good book or another form of entertainment along with you to help the time pass by quickly. This point is incredibly important when travelling with small children!
- If you’re worried about getting stuck at the side of the road in a winter storm make sure that you have a candle and source of fire with you in your car. Modern cars are insulated well enough that a single candle burning has the ability to keep you comfortably warm in emergency situations. Just be careful not to knock the lit candle over!
Related Post: Best Convertible Car Seats
- How does a heated car seat work – Do It Yourself
- Benefits of heated car seat – FastFitNationWide
- 4 essential things to know about your car’s seat warmers – YourMechanic