BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scanner
Getting a “Check Engine” warning light on the instrument panel is something that most car owners dread. It almost always...
Getting a “Check Engine” warning light on the instrument panel is something that most car owners dread. It almost always signals trouble. Conventional wisdom dictates bringing the car to a mechanic to have a more comprehensive diagnosis of the problem. Thanks to advances in automotive diagnostic scanning technology, you can now perform a comprehensive scan of your own. Using the BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scanner makes it easy to determine what’s wrong with your car.
The BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scanner is an inexpensive tool for diagnosing automotive problems. Its design is that of a plug-and-play device that eliminates cumbersome setups. There are no cables to worry about nor batteries to recharge before one can run a successful scan. Best of all, the device pairs with the BlueDriver app upon download and installation of the program. There is no need to pair the Bluetooth device settings since Bluetooth already does it automatically.
The device uses the same database that professional shops use. This gives the BlueDriver the functionality of a professional-grade diagnostic scanning tool but for the price of a pocket device. The Identifix platform gives the BlueDriver access to more than 30 million automotive fixes. Of course, ordinary motorists may not understand every detail that the technology will generate. Hence, the inclusion of the Repair Report is a welcome surprise.
There is one minor hiccup in the BlueDriver design – it only works on mobile devices that run on iOS or Android operating systems. Tablets and smartphones are its primary output devices. The system, thus, is incompatible with Windows Phone or on laptops and desktop computers. Nevertheless, given that almost all motorists today have smartphones in their pocket, the BlueDriver’s programming is still spot on. On the plus side, it is possible to make a log file which one can export into a computer for later use.
This car diagnostic scanner from BlueDriver also provides both basic and advanced functionalities. It works with almost all brands and models of automobiles that have the OBDII diagnostic interface. The device is also lightweight at only 3.84 ounces and comes with a compact dimension of only 2.2 inches x 1.9 inches x 1 inch.
- Exceptional compatibility with almost all types of cars
- Efficient and accurate reading and clearing of trouble or error codes
- Easy-to-use and accurate OBD2 diagnostic tool
- Stable Bluetooth connection
- Extensive automotive fixes
- Basic and advanced car diagnostic functions
- Works on Android and iOS platforms
- Certified mechanics-created in-app Repair Reports
- Uses Identifix database that professional auto repair shops use
- Supports major car diagnostic protocols like SAE J1850 PWM, SAE J1850 VPW, ISO 9141-2, ISO 15765-4 CAN, and ISO 1430-4 KWP
Pros & Cons
[pros_cons id=”17290″ item=”0″]
How to Use
- Determine the location of your car’s Diagnostic Link Connector or DLC. Depending on the brand and model of your car, you can find this underneath the vehicle’s steering column. Some may have it on the side panel of the dashboard. Make sure to check your car owner’s manual.
- Plug the BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scanner into the DLC.
- Download the BlueDriver app from either App Store or Google Play. Install the app. The app will automatically pair with the device.
- Turn on the engine.
- Launch the BlueDriver app and run a specific test or a complete scan.
- Start reading the codes displayed on your mobile device.
- Go through the different functions that you wish to perform.
The BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scanner empowers ordinary car owners to determine for themselves the problems of their car. It has many great features that you can only see in high-end, professional-grade scanners.