One can always imagine what will happen if you have a blown gasket head. Aside from the usual engine cooling issues, you can also experience dramatic changes in the performance of your engine. While a replacement head gasket is not expensive, it is the labor inherent in the activity that can set you back for more. Hence, there must be a more practical and more convenient way of addressing a blown head gasket. This is the fundamental premise of the BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer. Here’s our review of this product.
The BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer is an inexpensive way to fix minor cracks in the head gasket as well as critical components of the engine cooling system. It boasts of a unique formulation that does not contain any harmful substances which can damage the engine or exert a negative effect on its overall performance.
BlueDevil offers a more permanent seal on the various cracks in your engine. You do not need a mechanic to do this for you. However, it is important to understand that there are always limits to what such products can do. While this can fix minor cracks, if you have a heavily-damaged head gasket, then do not expect the BlueDevil to be an instant fix.
Regardless, the company that produces BlueDevil has been around for a few decades. You can always rely on their trustworthiness to give you a product that works.
[pros_cons id=”17140″ item=”0″]
How to Use
Using the BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer is easy enough. However, there are a few critical steps that you have to perform before applying the product:
- Remove the thermostat.
- Remove the old coolant from your car’s engine cooling system.
- Drain the coolant and make sure that there is nothing left in the system.
- Pour water and drain the cooling system. Do this at least three times to help remove all of the old coolant.
- Fill the cooling system with water, leaving enough allowance for the BlueDevil Head Gasket Cleaner. Do not pour the BlueDevil yet.
- Remove the radiator cap. Turn on your engine and switch the heater to the highest possible setting.
- When the engine is warm enough, pour the BlueDevil slowly. It should take you at least a minute to empty a full bottle of BlueDevil into the radiator.
- Put the radiator cap back on and leave the engine running for 50 minutes.
- Turn off the engine and allow it to cool down before reinstalling the thermostat.
- Open the radiator cap and fill it with engine coolant. Recap.
- Take your car for a drive.
BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer FAQs:
Q: What type of engines can this gasket sealer work?
A: The BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer works on all vehicles with a 4- or 6-cylinder engine.
Q: Does it have side effects?
A: The BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer is safe to use on all types of vehicles, so long as it is a 4- or 6-cylinder engine. The product does not contain any substances that can be harmful to the engine, the different tubes, or the various fluids that flow through the engine.
Q: Should you remove the thermostat when using the product?
A: The BueDevil Head Gasket Sealer works by sealing all the cracks and minute spaces in the engine’s cooling system. Since the thermostat is an integral component of the cooling system, it is necessary to remove this component. This will allow the head gasket sealer to coat every imaginable surface in the engine cooling system.
Q: What should I do if the symptoms prevail even after using this gasket sealer?
A: It is imperative that you flush your cooling system at least three times before applying the BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer. If you fail to do this part, there is a chance that the very same symptoms you wish to address will still be present. Hence, do not neglect to remove the old coolant from the system and then flush it three times. If you already performed this and the symptoms persist, it is time to take your car to a mechanic.
The BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer is one of the more popular products in the market. However, as effective as it may be in fixing minor leaks, a heavily-damaged head gasket may require a more professional approach.