Are you often embarrassed by the shoddy exterior of your RV as you pull into your campsite? Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us. If you don’t have the money or the time to treat your RV to a deep-clean, it’s difficult not to feel ashamed when pitching your run-down RV next to the Miller’s spanking brand-new motor home.
Don’t worry, we’ve got the cure to give your RV the makeover it deserves after its years of service. We’ve done the dirty work for you and compiled together the top ten waxes on the mark. After purchasing one of these products reviewed below, you’ll be driving proudly into your favorite campsite in no time, ready to give the other RVs a run for their money!
The Best RV Wax
Meguiar have been surpassing expectations since 1901 and their Flagship Premium Marine Wax isn’t an exception. Removing water spots, light swirls, and oxidation off of your RV has never been easier: all you have to do is wash the surface of your motorhome, clean any below surface defects, apply the marine wax, and wipe off the residue with a reusable towel! Afterwards, you’ll reap the benefits of embellished color and shine whilst giving your RV’s exterior with the protection it craves.
Although buyers may be dissuaded by the unignorable ‘Marine’ word in Meguiar’s product’s title, manufacturers promise that their products are quintessential for both boaters and RVers alike. This wax offers enduring protection to all fiberglass and gel coat surfaces – no matter what type of vehicle you own! All in all, it’s a no-hassle product dedicated to producing a shine you won’t believe.
- Superior enduring polymer protection
- Gloss gives off aesthetic glow to fiberglass and gel coat surfaces
- Accentuates color and shine on surfaces
- Resistant against UV damage and wear
- Ideal for RVers and boaters alike
- Brand MEGUIAR'S
- Model M6332
- Weight 1 pounds
Next up, 3M’s Marine Restorer and Wax is a double duty formula designed to make your life on the road that bit easier. Combining a trustworthy blend of rubbing compound and wax, your RV will be protected from the substantial damage water and UV rays can inflict upon your vehicle. Plus, your RV’s aesthetically pleasing appearance will be maintained for years to come.
If your RV’s been looking worse for wear as of late, 3M Marine Restorer eliminates any traces of oxidation, stains, and marks from the road. Before you know it, your trusty motorhome will rediscover the youthful glow and color it lost through years of service. With the help of 3M’s formula, you’ll be proud to drive your RV around America once more.
- Improves overall glossing and removes containments
- Formula includes both wax and rubbing compounds
- Innovative combination of waxes protecting boating from UV rays
- Removes heavy oxidation
- Recommended for application on boats and RVs
- Brand 3M
- Model 09006
- Weight 2.65 pounds
Turtle Wax’s ICE Smart Shield is both smart by name and smart by nature. This spray-on formula is scientifically engineered to create a synthetically formulated invisible barrier, generated to make your RV’s exterior layer practically indestructible. Say goodbye to streaking or white residue and wave hello to color enhancement and deep reflexive shines.
If you’re often tight for time, then Turtle Wax’s spray is the product for you – after washing and drying your vehicle, lightly mist the spray on each section of your RV, wiping as you go. To produce the high-gloss shine every RVer dreams about, turn over the microfiber towel to obtain showroom-like results. The spray is so versatile it can even be used to clean automotive glass. Available at a steal, if you’re looking to lose your brand name bias then this is the product to turn to.
- Spray wax works delivers optimal results on a freshly washed RV
- Mist and wipe it off to obtain a smooth finish on whole exterior
- Long-lasting results up to two months
- Composed with layers of interlocking synthetic polymers forming an invisible barrier of protection
- Product contains minimal static charge that attracts dust
- Brand Turtle Wax
- Model T-477R
- Weight 1.5 pounds
Versatility is the hottest design perk on the automotive market right now and manufacturers know it. That’s why 303 have released their UV Protectant for vinyl, plastic, rubber, leather, fiberglass… the list of materials it’s able to clean is endless! If you’re not the flashy type then this rinse-free formula leaves a non-greasy and dry-matte finish, generated through natural means and not by silicone oils and petroleum distillates. Even better, this product is completely odorless, unlike other smelly formulas out there!
Proudly manufactured in the USA, the generous 128 fluid ounces of protectant repels dust and stains while protecting against fading, discoloring, and cracking. Buyers are more than impressed; the majority of customers praising the waxes ability to revive worn-out tires with a sad-looking plastic trim into top-of-the-range jet-black wheels. For RVers in particular, 303’s magic portion’s vinyl-protective nature is ideal for those worried about cleaning their decals. For 99.9% of buyers out there this is the end-all protectant; why not try it out to see if you agree with them?
- 303 UV Protectant protects against discoloring and cracking
- Non-toxic formula repels dust and stains
- Water-based product no greasy residue on your motor
- Reapplication only necessary between 3-5 weeks
- 16 fl. oz bottle is a cost-effective solution to all RV cleaning dilemmas
- Brand 303 Products
- Model 30320
- Weight 8.55 pounds
Whether your RV is squeaky clean or desperately in need of a scrub, Meguiar’s M5616 Marin/RV Pure Wax Carnauba Blend will alleviate all your RV problems with a few short scrubs. Combining pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax with polymers and resin is a bold move, yet Meguiar manage it with ease, creating durable and long-lasting protection. The manufacturers themselves highly recommend using their product to bring out darker shades and metal finishes, giving off a lustrous glow.
This product is compatible with all fiberglass, gel coats, and painted surfaces. For those of us out there who really hate scrubbing their car by hand, Meguiar’s marine wax can be applied with machines. Designed for marines and RVers alike, it’s one of the most durable waxes suitable for fiberglass on the market.
- Marine Wax contains a fusion of pure Brazilian carnauba wax with polymers and resins to grant maximum durability
- Recommended to bring out dark colors and clear-coated metal flake finishes
- Formula is biodegradable
- Able to entirely remove oxidation
- Detergent is easy to apply and will last through the summer
- Brand Meguiar’s
- Model M5616
- Weight 1 pounds
Looking for a fresh wax to get a taste for all the great options out there? Gel-Gloss’ RV Wash and Wax is the only product you need. Made from bar soap, this product is phosphate free as well as biodegradable, making for the most sustainable wax on the planet. Although it’s not odorless, bemused customers state that it funnily enough smells like Twizzlers… we’ll leave deciding whether that’s a good or bad thing up to you!
With no real scrubbing required, the fantastic carnauba wax forms a protective shield around your RV that protects it from dust and grime. Even better, no streaking or water spotting will occur after dozing your vehicle in this life-saving liquid. So, if you’re looking for a complete change of pace, Gel-Gloss’ wax is the product to opt for. You’ll only wish you had tried it sooner!
- Phosphate free and biodegradable product made from bar soap
- Formula designed to clean, protect, and shine thanks to three-dimensional nature
- Cost-effective sixteen gallons of cleaner available at an affordable price
- Simply get the suds on and rinse off to produce stunning results
- Zero streaking or water spotting with TR Industries' wash and wax
- Brand TR Industries
- Model WW-128
- Weight 4 pounds
Ok, we admit that Protect All’s All Surface Care Cleaner looks exactly like the mediocre knock-offs you’d pick up last minute at the hardware store. However, it’s actually giving Meguiar products a run for their money. This RV care-product is undeniably compatible with cars, RVs, motorcycles, boats… just about anything. This versatility is largely due to the waxes non-abrasive formula that can be used on dirt-cheap to pretty damn expensive paint jobs.
Stored within this wonderous bottle is, in fact, a five-in-one formula that cleans, polishes, waves, treats, AND protects your beloved motorhome from rust and ruin. And the manufacturers promise that the wax won’t leave an oily and static finish hated by car enthusiasts all over but instead, create a matte finish with no residue or dust to speak of. If you like to keep things simple, then the simplicity of this Surface Care Cleaner will suit you right down to the ground.
- Non-abrasive formula made from carnauba wax
- Formula is compatible with all clear coats
- Leaves a non-oily, anti-static water repellent barrier that protects against UV rays
- Cleaner doesn't require any rinsing
- Cost-effective five-in-one formula can treat all primary vehicle surfaces
- Brand Thetford
- Model 62016
- Weight 1.1 pounds
We truly believe that our trusty RVs deserve a pampering every once in a while. And what better way to make them feel loved than coating them all over in Meguiar’s Marine/RV One Step Cleaner Wax. What’s so special about this product is its ability to remove signs of heavy oxidation entirely: simply wipe on, let the product sit for a few minutes, and wipe all oxidation right off. This stuff even works well on trims and plastics!
Just like your favorite skin-care product, Meguiar’s solution protects your RV’s exterior from all the nasty particles such as salt and ultraviolet rays floating through the air. Then, it will revitalize your RV’s color and gloss like never before. If you want to turn heads on the road, using this carnauba wax is the way to do so!
- Creates an anti-static and water-repellent finish that fights against UV rays
- Product contains carnauba wax to ensure fantastic results
- Formula is non-abrasive, meaning its safe for application on all cars and trucks
- Safeguards against harmful oxidation that often presents itself on fiberglass and gelcoat on RVs
- No rinsing required!
- Brand Meguiar's
- Model M5032
- Weight 2 pounds
The bright orange packaging of Nu Finish’s Liquid Car Polish won’t be the only thing that attracts you to this product. Rated as the number one car polish on the block by USA’s leading consumer magazine, this is the only respected car polish product that contains no wax. This has many advantages; the choice to clean your vehicle out in direct sunlight being our personal favorite. We all need to catch those rays once in a while!
Manufacturers are so confident of their products success that they offer their customers a thirty-day money back guarantee. Yet why wouldn’t they? With their product being rated the most durable car wax by Consumer Reports its evident that Nu Finish have made a considerable impact on consumers everywhere. And with no heavy rubbing or buffing required, it’s every RVers dream formula.
- Product can be applied in direct sunlight unlike others of its kind
- Comes with a thirty-day money back guarantee
- No heavy rubbing or buffing required
- Rated the most durable car wax by notorious Consumer Reports
- Only car polish available that includes zero wax
- Brand Nu Finish
- Model Liquid Car Polish
- Weight 10.4 ounces
Last but certainly not least, inside CorrosionX’s purple bottle lies sixteen ounces of pure, unadulterated wax which will change your life for the better. The durable formula – having been recently named a Top 10 Boat Care Product of All-Time – protects every kind of surface under the sun.
Yet what buyers love the most about CorrosionX’s creation is the non-stick barrier preventing any bugs from making a home or grave for themselves upon your vehicle. This is thanks to the polymers creating a protective film so any tree sap, droppings, and grime that dares breach your car’s forcefield will slide right off. Although it seems like every wax claims to be the best thing since sliced bread, CorrosionX’s formula lives up to the hype.
- Steller protection against UV rays
- Fights against annoying bugs prone to stick to your vehicle
- Compatible with most hard, nonporous surfaces
- Durable coating able to last for months
- 16oz of reliable wax makes for a cost-effective solution
- Brand CorrosionX
- Model 61002
- Weight 1.2 pounds
What to Consider When Buying a Wax for Your RV
Finally, you’ve decided that washing down your RV with a hose isn’t enough and are looking to invest in a quality wax. Congratulations! But before you begin the hunt, here’s three essential questions to ask yourself before making this important decision.
- Is your chosen wax a spray-based or container-based product?
Although containers are much more affordable, a spray-based wax is incredibly easy to haul around and clean with. You’ll have to decide which benefit is best for you!
- Can I clean my car in the sun?
Although this point may be fairly obvious for the experts among us, cleaning your car in the sunlight is rule number one among professionals. This is due to the wax drying quicker, causing an army of water spots and swirl marks to appear. However, some cleaning products like Nu Finish’s Liquid Car Wash can be applied in direct sunlight.
- What brand am I buying with?
The biggest RV wax name on the automotive market is undoubtedly Meguiar. Yet the company know they’re the bee’s knees and aren’t afraid to up their prices!
Why You Should Use an RV Wax
- Protection from UV Rays
Summer is the perfect time to own an RV. With the good weather comes more quality trips and hikes with the family. Yet unfortunately, the glorious sunshine also brings harmful UV rays that can harm our RV’s outer coating as well as our own skin. All quality waxes thankfully contain protection against UV damage – they’re like sunscreen but for vehicles!
- Contains non-abrasive chemicals
Nobody likes abrasive chemicals. When physically scratching off dirt and grime, they consequently tarnish the delicate outer shells of our RVs. Instead, opt for non-abrasive cleaners to protect your RV from harm.
- Easy Cleaning = Easy Life
There’s no worse feeling than finishing your 9 to 5 and flopping down on the sofa before remembering that you promised your partner that you’d clean the RV tonight. When using RV wax, this job can be completed in under ten minutes!
Best RV Wax FAQ:
Q: What is an RV wax?
A: RV wax is every RVers saving grace: after purchase you’ll no longer be embarrassed over the state of your motorhome, but proud to be pulling into a campsite. It’s specifically created for heavy-vehicle drivers to protect their RVs from destructive UV rays. RV wax can be applied at any time – whether you’re in the garage or at a campsite – due to its non-rinse formation. All you need is a trusty bottle of RV wax and a microfiber cloth to get started!
Q: Can I wax RV decals?
A: An RVers greatest fear? Damaged decals. Not only does a peeling decal ruin the overall aesthetic of your motorhome, these aesthetic strips are pretty impossible to replace when you run out of warranty. However, despite their delicate nature, decals can be waxed but only with the right kind of formula. For example, abrasives or chemicals such as petroleum distillates can wreak havoc when scrubbing an RV’s exterior. If you’re still wary, all the best wax brand’s labels contain information on whether their product is compatible with vinyl – the material that all RV decals are made from.
Q: How do I apply RV wax?
A: Listen carefully, folks. To apply wax the right way on to your RV, squirt the solution on to a flat wool mop end or cloth and horizontally polish across your vehicle. If you own a spray cleaning solution instead, spray it directly onto the roof of your RV in thin, even layers.
All seems simple enough, doesn’t it? To obtain the best shine from waxing, it’s not about what to do but rather what not to do. Follow our three top ‘what not to do’s’ to avoid disaster!
- Don’t doze your entire vehicle in wax: What not to do is squirt the wax over your RV like you squirt bleach over the toilet. Instead, always apply the wax directly to the cloth first. Keep in mind that a tiny dab of wax goes a long way!
- Remember to clean your RV from the roof down: Another obvious task to avoid is to always clean and wax your motorhome from the roof down. Why? Imagine all the dirty residue that’s bound to come off the roof of your RV getting trapped in your newly-waxed sides. If that prospect doesn’t make you shiver, then you’ve clearly not waxed your RV much before!
- Wash and wax your RV in small sections: We recommend avoiding tackling large, untamable sections of your RV and instead working in five-foot x five-foot sections. This is easier and safer and allows you to keep on track of where you have and haven’t cleaned! To make the cleaning more enjoyable, buddy up with a friend who can wax the RV from the opposite side.
Q: How often should I wax my RV?
A: Don’t worry folks; with the right kind of wax at your disposal you don’t need to wash your RV that often to produce stunning results. Experts recommend giving your RV a solid wash and wax every six months to keep it in tip-top condition. Don’t be one of those guys that thinks that rainfall is washing their RV for them… as these optimists are always unpleasantly surprised!
Q: Can I use the RV wax on a car or boat?
A: The response to this really depends how much of a cheapskate you are! If you’re using quality wax, then you can’t really go wrong. But watch out: many waxes containing harmful ammonia that encourages high levels of oxidation in boats.
Some of our top waxes in this buying guide are compatible with boats and RVs alike. To name a few, Meguiar’s Premium Marine Wax, Nu Finish’s Liquid Car Polish, and 303’s UV Protectant Gallon are only some of the top-quality formula aiming to make their cleaning products as multi-functional as can be.
Our Top Pick
So, out of all the products reviewed today, what wax would we trust to keep our own RV in tip-top condition? It would just have to be MEGUIAR’s M6332 Flagship Premium Marine Wax. This wax is Meguiar’s flagship product for a reason: the optimized formula glides on and off fiberglass easily, leaving a deep-color and shine in its wake. Its polymer barrier protection will likewise increase your vehicles lifespan quite substantially! RV lovers hate nothing more than spotting swirls and water spots – but this wax will wipe them away without any hassle. And whilst it removes unwanted stains, it welcomes UV protectant and overall fiberglass protection at the same time. All in all, this wonderful wax is an investment for your investment! We can’t wait to see what Meguiar come up with next.