- 1. ProsourceFit Puzzle Exercise Garage Floor Mat
- 2. Club Clean Floor Protector Garage Floor Mat
- 3. Pro-Lift Foldable Garage Floor Mat
- 4. ESP 1AMGPL Airmatrix Garage Floor Mat
- 5. Drymate OSM2936C Large Garage Floor Mat
- 6. Armor All Charcoal Garage Floor Mat
- 7. AutoFloorGuard Compact Size Garage Floor Mat
- 8. Performance Tool Protective Garage Floor Mat
- 9. BLT G-Floor Ribbed Garage Floor Mat
- 10. IncStores Nitro Grade Garage Flooring Rolls
- 11. KALASONEER Oil Spill Garage Floor Mat
- 12. Rubber-Cal Coin-Grip Flooring and Rolling Mat
- 13. Drymate Max Garage Floor Mat
- 14. SuperMats SuperLock Heavy Duty WeightLifting Mat
- 15. Speedway Diamond Garage Floor Mat
- Best Garage Floor Mat Buying Guide
Are you fed up of driving into your garage every day to be met with the same discolored flooring filled with stains? Designing and improving our homes grants us the opportunity to let our personality shine through; and our garages shouldn’t be an exception to this rule. Plus, if you often change fuel tanks in your garage, then these flooring stains could come back to bite you if your family find a new place to live.
Thankfully, we have fifteen cost-effective solutions in store for you. The diverse selection of garage floor mats compiled together in this buying guide will transform your garage into a functioning workspace you’ll actually want to spend time in. Plus, you’ll be protecting yourself and your family from any potential slippages and costly redecoration!
The Best Garage Floor Mat
The inclusion of ProsourceFit’s wonderful Exercise Puzzle Mat may confuse some car-lovers; given that it’s designed for strength and resistance training. Yet they’re also fantastic for giving your floor the protection it needs from adverse drippage. Constructed from high-density EVA foam, this mat contains zero toxic phthalates yet is also highly water-resistant. Another feature we love is its non-skid surface that prevents slippages – whether you’re using this mat for weights or for changing the petrol!
Our favorite feature is this mat’s adjustable coverage. Although it covers a total of 24 square feet, one of the many advantages of its jigsaw-puzzle construction is that they can be fitted together how you see fit – or rather, how the shape of your garage dictates! And if you need wall-to-wall installation then the foam is remarkably easy to cut for reinstallation. It’s non-toxic, waterproof, and absorbs any impact – what’s not to love?
- Interlocking foam tiles allow for easy setup
- Constructed from high-density EVA foam grants tiles optimal durability
- Non-toxic, waterproof, and impact absorbent
- Tiles can be installed over any hard and flat surface
- Wall-to-wall installation can be easily facilitated through using a sharp utility knife
- Brand ProsourceFit
- Model ps-2302-pzzl-grey
- Weight 3.9 pounds
Next up is Club Clean’s Floor Protector. Although it may look simplistic, the high-quality construction of this model renders it one of the best mats on the market. Specifically designed for small to large vehicles, this mat will be sure to guard your flooring from life’s inevitable dirt and grime.
The mat has two tiers: the top microfiber layer fitted for maximum absorption while the lower layer traps harmful liquids such as battery acid and gases. And you just know that this America-made floor protector is the real deal as its fully equipped with a three-year limited warranty.
- Protects flooring from all sorts of messy chemicals and battery acid
- Highly absorbent top layer is constructed from impermeable microfiber
- Lower layer designed to trap harmful fluids
- Manufactured in the USA
- Comes with a three-year limited warranty
- Brand Club Clean
- Model GGFP
- Weight 3 pounds
Do you need a mat that can be moved without any hassle? Pro-Lift’s Foldable EVA Mat is the one for you. This vinyl model’s ability to collapse 6-fold is exactly why buyers find it irresistible – allowing the possibility to work outside on summer days. And the built-in handle just makes moving this mat even easier to move.
Pro-Lift’s product is manufactured from highly durable EVA foam with a thick cushioning for added comfort. Buyers love it and use this model in all sorts of ingenious ways: as a portable gardening seat and even as a sunbathing mat! Available at a steal, it’s a must-have product to protect your poor knees when working on a vehicle.
- Constructed from durable water and impact resistant EVA foam which is both soft and flexible
- Can be stored easily as design collapses into 6-fold
- Carrying handle convenient for transporting utility pad
- Comfort enhanced by thick cushion design
- Brand Pro-LifT
- Model C-5006
- Weight 1.63 pounds
It may come as a surprise that anyone can bulk-buy one-hundred durable polypropylene pads for such an incredible price. Yet the rumors are true: these fire-retardant pads are available at a bargain. They’re designed to both minimize slippage and to mop up any unwanted spillages.
What we love the most about these handy pads is their eco-friendly construction: they’re manufactured from 85% recycled polypropylene. So, if you’re conscious (as we all should be!) about saving the planet, then purchasing these pads is a good way to start being sustainable.
- Sorbent constructed from two diverse layers sonically fused together
- Eco-friendly product due to polypropylene material is 85% recycled
- Designed to minimize slippage
- Fire retardant as per ASTM 726
- Able to absorb a whopping 24 gallons of oil and 20 gallons of water
- Brand ESP
- Model 1AMGPL
- Weight 11 pounds
Ok, so Drymate’s Premium Absorbent Mat certainly isn’t the prettiest. Yet it will undoubtedly protect your floor from costly stains. The non-slip backing will successfully keep the oil mat in place. And with the help of the waterproof layer which traps harmful liquids, your floor will be safe and sound.
Proudly manufactured in the USA, this wonderous fiber is over 50% recycled as well as phthalate and BPA free. If you’re looking for a mat which does the job for a good price, there’s no need to look any further.
- Waterproof layer contains any spillages
- Non-slip waterproof backing keeps oil mat secured in the correct position
- Mat is both phthalate and BPA free
- Eco-friendly mat constructed from over 50% recycled fibers
- Manufactured in the USA
- Brand Drymate
- Model OSM2936C
- Weight 10.6 ounces
Are you searching for a mat that has the power to literally transform your garage? Armor All’s Garage Floor Mat will help you do so. Able to absorb five times its weight in water, we’d be pretty shocked if any sort of liquid managed to wind up on your garage floor.
Plus, if you’re looking for an easy-clean up after a garage session, simply power wash or hose off the floor mat to keep it in top-quality condition. It’s the perfect product for a serious mechanic who needs a floor mat they can trust. According to their satisfied customers, this durable model certainly lives up to the ‘Armor’ in its name!
- All-floor charcoal mat hides cracks and bumps as well as protecting your flooring
- Able to absorb five times its weight in water
- Waterproof backing prevents liquid from soaking through
- Easy-to-cut material for unusual corners
- Mat is easy-to-clean and lightweight to facilitate transportation
- Brand Armor All
- Model AASMVC88100
- Weight 5.8 pounds
AutoFloorGuard have been changing the containment mat game for years. And now they’ve blown customers minds by introducing their Compact Size Containment Mat. The commercial grade polyester scrim fabric will stand by you through thick and thin – not allowing wrinkles to cramp its style thanks to an intense coating process.
Moreover, your mat won’t budge thanks to the meticulously designed secure corners. And if you didn’t think loving this mat more was even possible, AutoFloorGuard have even included a 22″ squeegee head for optimal cleaning. Honestly, if we tried to list all its features we’d be here forever and a day!
- Heavy-duty containment mat designed to hold any slippages or leaks
- Foam edge won't allow liquid to spill out over the sides
- Set-up couldn't be simpler – roll out the mat and you're ready to go
- Commercial grade polyester scrim fabric is designed to withstand major wear and tear
- Clean-up is easy with shop vacuum or squeegee
- Brand AutoFloorGuard
- Model AFGS-7916
- Weight 24.1 pounds
Do you need mats for your garage, home, and work? We’d like to introduce you to Performance Tool’s Protective Diamond Anti-Fatigue Interlocking Floor Mat. Twenty-four square feet of flooring can be cut or constructed into any shape you like. Plus, these mats are lightweight and water resistant – so if you want to transport them in the rain then be our guest!
Satisfied customers have a lot to say about these mats’ foamy texture. Yet what we find surprising is that a large percentage of customers aren’t buying these mats for their ability to catch harmful liquids but for cosplay purposes! So, if you’re looking for a snazzy costume, you know where to turn.
- 24-foot mat is constructed from six interlocking mats for enlarged floor coverage
- Lightweight for easy transportation
- Cuts easily to refine extra side pieces
- Anti-Fatigue Grip Mat can be used to reduce noise and vibration in a garage
- Brand Performance Tool
- Model W88989
- Weight 4 ounces
Customers don’t often appreciate a heavy mat. Yet for those who aren’t planning on lugging their mat around with them, G-Floor’s garage mat is simply perfect. This mat lays down flat as a pancake and won’t blow away without a fight.
Manufactured from 55 mils base thickness PVC, this mat has been designed with ridges. Not only do they hold all water and dirt that has slid off of the mat’s surface, they also stop any dirt and grime from getting on to the mat itself! If you’re fed up of slipping all over in your garage, then this mats for you.
- Ribbed garage floor mat constructed from 55 mils base thickness PVC
- Stain blocking top coat keeps garage floor looking fresh
- Manufactured in the USA
- Ridges successfully trap water and dirt
- Sandstone color makes for an aesthetic looking garage
- Brand G-Floor
- Model GF55RB717SN
- Weight 74 pounds
For those who work a hard-daily grind filled with complications, it’s important for your sanity knowing that you’ve got a space that’s easy to maintain. That’s why IncStores’ Nitro Commercial Flooring only has to be rolled out and voila: that’s you with a whole new floor! Plus, it’s heavy enough that you won’t need any flimsy tape to keep it in place.
Constructed from 100% premium grade polyvinyl, the choice is yours between three stunning shades of flooring. And not to worry; cutting up the polyvinyl is an easy process in order to cover even the most awkward corners of your garage. For the average worker who wants no hassle at home, IncStores have got your back.
- 2.5mm of commercial grade thickness is durable as well as easy to cut into for sharp corners
- Constructed from 100% premium grade polyvinyl
- Can choose between Midnight Black, Sahara Sand, and Stainless-Steel coloring
- Multi-functional mat can be used to cover the garage floor, the storage shed, or as industrial anti-slip flooring
- Heavy construction keeps mat in place
- Brand IncStores
- Model nitrorolls
Ok… so this mat certainly isn’t anything special. Yet although it looks like something you would scrub the floor with, it absorbs and protects your flooring like no other mat out there. It’s non-slip, skid resistant, reusable, eco-friendly, you name it – this mat has got it all. And its three layers of reliable protection will keep your floor safe and sound.
Worried that cleaning this mat will be a hassle? Manufacturers promise that this process will be easy as pie. All you have to do is scrub it with soap, hose it off, and hang it out to dry without using any unnatural nasty ingredients. Available at an affordable price, this is a hassle-free mat that works wonders.
- Non-slip and skid resistant mat designed to stop harmful spillages
- Cleaning this mat is simple: just scrub with soap and leave it out to dry
- Manufactured from durable polyester fiber
- Stops all potential stains in their tracks
- Brand KALASONEER
- Model KALASONEER0009
- Weight 9.6 ounces
Rubber-Cal’s coin-grip flooring is aesthetic as well as practical. Coming in Brown, Dark Grey, or Black, customers can choose the color that compliments their own home designs. And you can guarantee that the coin-pattern will help you maintain that much needed grip when working on your vehicle.
This dynamic and durable carpet is made from four-foot of sturdy PVC material and designed to survive any kind of abuse life throws at it. Even the toughest chemicals won’t make their way through its immobile design! And to install, all you have to do is roll it out and let this first-rate product work its magic.
- Dark grey coloring is both contemporary and sleek with aesthetically pleasing coin-floor design
- Dotted texture prevents potential slippages
- Resistant PVC material withstands harsh chemicals and elements
- Easy DIY installation facilitated by rolling design
- Flooring is 2mm thick yet can be cut easily with utility knife
- Brand Rubber-Cal
- Model 03-165-2MM-BK-04-P
- Weight 19 pounds
Drymate’s Garage Floor Mat is a product that works wonders. Ideal for a single garage, it is capable of holding gallons of water at one time. They’re perfect for installation in a workplace to prevent half the workforce slipping and cracking their heads off the garage floor. And don’t be afraid to bulk buy either – if you don’t like what you get then the products limited thirty-day warranty will keep you covered.
One word of advice to prospective customers is that many DIYers find this product impossible to clean and maintain. We recommend using a squeegee to push the remaining water out and simply hose down to clean it off. With this advice in tow, now all you’ve got to do is enjoy the numerous perks that this product offers.
- Inexpensive garage floor mat designed to absorb harmful liquids
- Ideal for a single garage
- Limited warranty of 30 days
- Can be used to hide floor stains as well as prevent them
- Brand Drymate
- Model MAXGMC17
- Weight 15 pounds
Are you looking for a heavy-duty mat that won’t go flying when encountering a little bit of wind? SuperMats’ Superlock Heavy Duty WeightLifting Mat is as sturdy a mat as you can get. This product is the muscly big brother of garage floor mats, being made from robust commercial-grade rubber. And its rubber is even recycled for sustainability!
We cannot get enough of interlocking flooring’s multi-functional application and SuperMats product makes us love it even more. You can interlink the rubber – which covers an impressive 15.84 square feet of area – whatever way you see fit without requiring any persnickety adhesive tape to hold it down. Plus, you can guarantee that the enticing sheer-black flooring will cover any ugly stains created previously.
- Commercial grade rubber construction mat ideal for weightlifting
- Sheer black color hides any potential stains immediately
- Tiles able to be installed in minutes without adhesives thanks to easy secure locking system
- Anti-fatigue flooring as durable as they come
- Brand SuperMats
- Model SL-M BLACK: 6
- Weight 25.2 pounds
We’re arguably saving the best product for last. Speedway’s V blends decor and durability together to create their fantastic Diamond Tile. Available in a beautiful rainbow of colors, the six-lock grid construction will hold the tiles together without creating any unwanted gaps. This innovative design is to prevent nasty mold growth and to stop liquid from sliding through the gaps.
This first-class product is constructed from the finest of high-impact copolymer. Unlike installing epoxy and paint – which can be heavily expensive – this allows you to construct your garage how you see fit. And the fantastic SR technology will withstand substantial pressure. Numerous customers have confirmed that even driving two heavy cars into their garages hasn’t even caused any noticeable depressions!
- Grid construction helps prevent mold growth
- Alluring SR Technology boasts a durable miniature diamond texture embedded into a tile surface designed to minimize slip-resistance
- A rainbow colored selection of standard color options available
- Constructed from high-impact copolymer material designed to withstand oil, gas, and other automotive fluids
- Interlocking garage tiles won't separate and cause spillages to leak through the gaps
- Brand Speedway Garage Tile Mfg.
- Model 789453B-50
- Weight 35 pounds
Best Garage Floor Mat Buying Guide
Things to Consider When Buying a Garage Floor Mat
Enough is enough; you’re fed up of slipping on your garage floor and have decided to purchase a floor mat for your safety and sanity. Yet what one will transform your garage from bleak to brilliant? Asking yourself these questions below will ensure you make the correct and informed decision.
- Is this a long-term investment?
There’s no point in purchasing a heavy-duty mat if you’re planning to pack up and relocating in the near future. If you can’t stay long in the one place, then interlocking tiles are incredibly lightweight and easy to take apart and install.
- Is your garage filled with nooks and crannies?
If your garage isn’t squarely shaped, purchasing a garage floor mat that can easily be cut up is the way forward. Rolled vinyl flooring is the clear winner here.
- How much money are you willing to spend?
We recommend opting for vinyl or foam mats if you’re tight on the purse strings. Controversially, if you’re willing to splash the cash then epoxy floor coverings and garage floors tiles are the way to go.
Why You Should Use Garage Floor Mats
- Non-Slip Features – Purchasing garage floor mats doesn’t just keep your floor safe: they’ll also keep you safe from slipping on spills and consequently falling on to your hard floor.
- Wave goodbye to aggravating echoing – There’s nothing more annoying than accidently dropping some tools and listening to hollow echoing reverberate around your garage. These mats will absorb sound waves as well as warming up the cold concrete in the winter months.
- What you can’t see won’t hurt you – Although this well-known saying is somewhat questionable, when it comes to hiding marks on garage floors it’s bang on the money. What’s more, your garage will be transformed with the right kind of aesthetic mat.
Different Types of Garage Flooring Mats
- PVC (Vinyl) Roll Out Flooring
This tough type of flooring is sustainable, easy to maintain, and will save money over time. You won’t have to clean any mud or snow off of your garage floor ever again!
- Interlocking Polymer Tiles
This high-performance polymer solution can resist wear and tear for up to a whopping twenty-five years and are able to be installed over any flat surface. As well as providing a comfortable underfoot, this flooring will reduce noise, dirt, and dust in your garage.
Best Garage Floor Mat FAQ:
Q: How do I protect my garage floor?
A: Our advice is to coat your floor with epoxy coating. The process is simple: firstly, grind the floor with a diamond-blade rotating device before priming and painting it. To finish, apply a protective topcoat. These coatings are 100% solid – containing absolutely no solvents – and will be sure to hide past blemishes through leaving a thick surface. However, better to be safe than sorry and purchase a mat too, as the epoxy flooring won’t protect your floor 100% from stains.
Q: How do I clean my garage floor mats?
A: It’s not a job anyone loves to do but a job worth doing. Keeping your garage floor mats spick and span is a much easier task than anticipated!
- Giving the old floor a quick clean
If there’s only dirt and dust lying on your garage floor mats, simply sweep this muck off with a broom. But if the dirt is firmly stuck into the map, we recommend getting yourself a squeegee and doing the job right.
- What if it’s not that simple?
For the heavy-duty dirt and grime such as chemical oils, transport your floor mat out of the garage for a proper hose down. After you’ve obliterated all nasty liquids off of your mat, grab an industrial cleaner that’s compatible for vinyl and scrub away. Afterwards, all you’ve got to do is squeegee it dry and that’s you! Likewise, if you’re too tired after the first two steps then simply hang your mat out to dry.
- Should I avoid any cleaning materials?
Although these processes may sound straightforward enough, we advise you to never use a vacuum or steam cleaner to keep your mat immaculate. These cleaning tools – as convenient as they are – run the risk of damaging your mats durability. With that in mind, use at your own risk!
Q: Is vinyl flooring good for a garage?
A: In our opinion, vinyl flooring (PVC flooring) is one of the best options out there. To start, it’s cheap and cheerful – with each square foot only costing between $1.50-$4.00. Next, its simple installation is almost too easy. All you have to do is roll your new flooring out on the ground and make any necessary adjustments with a utility knife. And lastly, its waterproof nature makes it ideal for washing your ride and protecting the floor underneath from daily spills.
Our Top Pick
So, what floor mat out of the selection exhibited in this buying guide would we pick to protect our own garage floor? It would just have to be ProsourceFit’s Exercise Puzzle Mat. Although many may consider this to be a bold choice given that this flooring is specifically designed for workouts, at the end of the day this multi-functional flooring is easy to assemble, noise-reducing, and includes 6 tiles and 12 end borders for a finished look. Therefore, purchase your share of these versatile mats available at an affordable price.
Related Post: Best Garage Floor Paint
- Properly Clean Garage Floor Mats – Do It Yourself