- 1. Drive Auto Products Car Trunk Storage Organizer
- 2. FORTEM The Extra Mile Car Trunk Organizer For Suv Truck
- 3. Trunkcratepro Trunk Organizer
- 4. Busy Life Car Trunk Organizer
- 5. Autoark Multipurpose Car SUV Trunk Organizer
- 6. Auto Trunk Storage Organizer Bin with Pockets
- 7. Starling's Car Trunk Organizer
- 8. FORTEM Car Trunk Organizer
- 9. Lusso Gear Car Seat Organizer
- 10. Absolute Untimate Car Trunk Organizer
- Car Trunk Organizer Buying Guide & FAQ
Car trunk organizers serve an important purpose in helping motorists keep their cars clean and tidy. After all, a clean car is a happy car, and that all starts with keeping your belongings from flying about in the back of your vehicle as you drive. There is a wide variety of organizers available ranging from small cabin caddies all the way up to products with solid reinforced walls and dedicated cooler box sections to keep produce and other perishables nice and fresh. This buyer’s guide examines several trunk organizers to inform and help you to choose the perfect product for your needs.
The Best Car Trunk Organizer
Drive Auto Products’ car trunk organizer is the Swiss army knife of organizers. Not content with merely organizing your trunk, the unit can also take on passenger seat duties for the person who wants to be organized and clutter-free. This capable organizer features tie-down straps that can be attached to the backs of seats, child seat anchor points, or just about anywhere else that you can think of.
It features a total of 13 reinforced base plates for durability and comes equipped with water bottle/coffee mug holders for front seat mode convenience. Side pockets round out the list of attributes with the ability to wrangle folders and tablets.
- Tie-down straps instead of Velcro to keep the organizer where you want it
- Front-seat mode for businesspeople and solo travellers
- High quality materials
- Water bottle/coffee mug holders for front seat mode
- Brand Drive Auto Products
- Model FBA_635635175207
- Weight 3 lbs
Fortem comes strong to the car trunk organizer game with the excellently designed storage organizer. Gone are the days of having a ton of stuff sliding around all over the place in the back of your vehicle. The three large storage areas and smaller side pockets with lids give every item you need to carry a home, while its non-slip bottom prevents the unit from sliding around with your stuff in it.
The organizer ships nearly flat and can be assembled in seconds by folding out the durable walls and sliding the solid base plates into their housings. No more disorganized mess in your trunk! The three main storage boxes provide a home for useful items like antifreeze bottles, emergency tools, water, and groceries, while the smaller side pockets can house smaller items like cell phones and pill bottles. Fortem backs its product with a one-year warranty.
- Velco strips on the bottom to keep everything right where you want it
- Strong, sturdy design
- Three spacious main compartments as well as lidded side pockets for smaller items
- 100% satisfaction guarantee and lifetime warranty
- Brand Fortem
- Model RPL-16-TO
- Weight 1.4 lbs
This next trunk organizer comes built with four compartments but allows for easy customization with its removable two sub-dividers – if you want to improvise. For further customization, the addition of a slider feature means you can create compartments of different sizes depending on your specific needs. And if a sturdy product is what you are after, this trunk organizer offers just that – a stiff base with significant velcroed support at the bottom; posing no problem to your trunk floor.
As for portability, the strong, strap handles are ideal for those who require easy transportation, swift and pain-free movement. Designed to fit all vehicles, this trunk organizer has also comes built with a thick PVC mesh that will withstand any force that arises when in the vehicle eliminating the possibility of wear and tear. Overall, it’s certainly versatile enough to be used as a back seat organizer too.
- 4 primary storage compartments
- Removable and adjustable divider and slider
- Easy to install and use
- Brand Trunkcratepro
- Model FBA_TC_pro
- Weight 4 pounds
Busy Life’s STO wants to be the last car trunk organizer you’ll ever need to buy and comes to the marketplace backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee meaning that they’ll give you a free replacement or all of your money back if you’re not satisfied with their products. On top of that hefty guarantee they’ll sweeten the deal by throwing in just about everything but the kitchen sink. The STO comes with a free ebook of car organization tips to keep your ride clean and streamlined as well as two bonus reusable shopping bags which, wouldn’t you know it, fit perfectly into its storage compartments.
On top of the mesh side pockets for small item storage this organizer comes with customizable storage configurations. The middle divider can be removed to allow you to use the entire space as one box and it also comes with a set of buckles to make the space smaller as your needs require. The STO features a Velcro bottom with twin reinforced base plates and can be folded down flat when it’s not in use.
- 100% satisfaction money back or replacement guarantee
- Customizable storage space thanks to a removable center divider and buckles
- Velcro bottom and reinforced base plates to keep it where you place it
- Folds flat when not being used
- Brand Busy Life
- Model STO
- Weight 2.58 lbs
When all other car trunk dividers have given up and broken the Autoark FBA AK-022 soldiers on. Designed to be as strong and durable as it possibly can, the FBA even features handles that Autoark claim are completely unbreakable. Wrapped in 1680D Oxford polyester with extra stitching, (you know the 1680D Oxford right? Of course!), this organizer also boasts a three-layer waterproof bottom panel with Velcro strips to keep anything that you put into it nicely safe, secure and dry. Running out of places to put your stuff won’t be a problem as the FBA rocks two main sections and eleven, count ‘em, eleven other quick-access pockets!
The main divider can be removed to increase the storage space and the entire structure can fold in half to take up less room when you don’t need that much organizing capacity. The FBA also comes with a 100% money back or replacement satisfaction guarantee.
- Strong and durable Oxford polyester construction
- Waterproof bottom panel
- Folds in half to take up less room while still providing organizing space
- Eleven smaller quick-access pockets for smaller items
- Brand Autoark
- Model FBA AK-022
- Weight 4.6 lbs
OxGord’s trunk organizer is a little simpler than other organizers on this list but still packs some storage versatility in the form of three main compartments and five smaller ones. It folds down like the big boys, allowing you to use some or all of its storage abilities as you see fit, and it will fold down so small that it takes up little space. Its simplicity also means that there’s no assembly. Just unfold it and start organizing!
However, it makes no mention of any kind of restraint system such as a Velcro bottom or tie-down straps. The unit is good for a smaller car with less room for it to slide around or for organizing large volume, low weight items. But if you’re looking for a real workhorse in your trunk organizer you might do better looking elsewhere.
- Folds down flat to the size of a reusable shopping bag
- Very simple to use, no assembly required
- Use some or all of its available storage space with adjustable sizing
- Three main storage compartments and five for smaller items
- Brand OxGord
- Model HGTB-01
- Weight 1.13 lbs
Starling’s Car Trunk Organizer is the product to consider if you have been looking for an organizer to solve the clutter issues in your vehicle’s trunk or back seat. You can also use it in your home or garage.
Expanding up to two-feet long, there are enough compartments for you to put nearly anything you want to store in there. With its sturdy construction and rigid base, Starling’s Car Trunk Organizer also has a rubberized waterproof bottom that ensures it will not slip or slide in the trunk or on any flat surface. Easy to install and use, this product can be folded, and you can clean it with a wet cloth if you decide to freshen it up. With 11 extra pockets designed for quick access, Starling’s Car Trunk Organizer holds a ton of stuff.
- Easy to use and install.
- Extendable adjustable size.
- Sturdy construction and rigid base.
- Larger storage container.
- Brand Starling's
- Model FBA_CTO-012
- Weight 4.65 pounds
Look out Autoark, a new heavyweight contender has just stepped into the ring and my, doesn’t it mean business? Fortem’s FRTM-17-21-TO-V2 charges into the fray looking like the Fort Knox of car trunk organizers with reinforced base plates, side walls and dividers. Non-slip base pads and secure tie-down straps ensure that this titan of the automotive organizing game stays exactly where it’s put for years to come. As you’d expect with an organizer of this quality, the interior dividers are removable to allow you versatility in what you can store within its reinforced walls. Exterior mesh pockets serve to keep smaller items like phones, tablets, folders and maps right where you need them.
Like the Fortem RPL that we discussed above, the FRTM comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee promising you a replacement or all of your money back if you’re not completely satisfied with the product. With an organizer this well designed you’ll likely be replacing your car before looking to replace the FRTM.
- High quality construction with reinforced base, walls, and interior dividers
- Secure non-slip base pads and tie-down straps
- Removable interior dividers for storing larger items securely
- 100% money-back or replacement guarantee
- Brand Fortem
- Model FRTM-17-21-TO-V2
- Weight 3.8 lbs
Lusso Gear’s Car Organizer not only looks after you by decluttering the interior of your car but also cares about your wellbeing through its use of ‘the safest odor and chemical free materials available’ which makes it safe for use in cars that carry young children. The Car Organizer isn’t as spacious as some of the other organizers on this list but that’s because it has a different focus.
Of course, it can also be used in your trunk, but Lusso Gear’s offering is designed more to keep the passenger cabin of your car or truck organized and tidy. Despite its relatively smaller size the Car Organizer still comes equipped with two main storage areas, a zippered pocket for valuables, smaller outer pockets, and four cup holders for water bottles and coffee mugs. One potential stumbling block is the lack of a dedicated restraint system meaning all your nicely organized belongings could end up on the floor under heavy braking although Lusso Gear suggests securing the organizer by putting a seatbelt through the carrying handles.
- Designed to be used within your vehicle’s passenger cabin but can also keep your trunk tidy
- Four cup holders
- Made from gentle odor and chemical free materials
- Zippered pocket for valuables and small items
- Brand Lusso Gear
- Model Car Organizer
- Weight 2.1 lbs
Sometimes you just want to keep your trunk tidy and organized. Sometimes you want to keep your trunk tidy and organized through all conditions, trials, and any natural disaster you care to name. Absolute’s AO Ultimate Car Trunk Organizer is the organizer for the latter. If this tactical behemoth doesn’t have it then it just ain’t worth having. Unique to all the other organizers on this list, the AO features a dedicated cooler bag section as well as the (claimed) unbreakable buckles and carrying handles that one or two others boast. Securing the AO is taken care of by non-slip foot pads and secure tie-down straps.
As for storage, Absolute’s offering comes equipped with configurable inner walls, twelve outer mesh pockets, two front Velcro-secure pouches, and a bottle holder too. The whole thing is constructed from strong-but-lightweight PE board wrapped in durable polyester with extra stitching to go the extra mile and comes with a lifetime money-back guarantee.
- Cooler bag section to keep produce and other perishables in top condition
- Total of sixteen storage areas
- Non-slip pads and tie-down straps
- Lifetime money-back guarantee
- Brand Absolute
- Model AO
- Weight 4.9 lbs
Car Trunk Organizer Buying Guide & FAQ
Why Do You Need a Car Trunk Organizer?
If you’re forever carrying around items like jumper cables, antifreeze bottles, tools, and sports equipment you could probably use a car trunk organizer. Keeping things in their rightful place and not having them rolling around everywhere will keep them in better condition and allow you to go longer without having to replace them. Construction workers can especially benefit from the use of a trunk organizer as they mean less time spent looking for tools and a longer lifespan for those tools thanks to them not being piled unceremoniously on top of each other.
Trunk organizers can prevent damage from liquid spills and other unnecessary messes by keeping bottles and storage containers upright and secure. It’ll also be easier to find the object that you need when you don’t have to dig through a ton of stuff to find where it’s been buried. Finally, your car will display nicer handling characteristics and be easier to control when any weight that it’s carrying is secured in one spot instead of flying around all over the place.
Important Features of a Great Trunk Organizer?
There are a few attributes to look out for when buying a new trunk organizer:
- Quality: make sure the organizer is constructed from quality materials. As with any other product, there’s no point in buying something that’s going to fall apart two weeks later. Trunk organizers can be tasked with holding on to quite a bit of weight so make sure you buy one that is up to the task. Look for durable polyester fabric, heavy stitching, and reinforced base plates.
- Security: ensure that you buy a trunk organizer that is designed to stay where you put it. There’s little use in carefully organizing all your stuff only to have the entire container slide around and tip over as soon as you get to the first corner. Secure tie-down straps are the best way to keep your organizer where you put it as Velcro can lose its ability to keep the organizer in place over time.
- Versatility: Many trunk organizers come with removable panels to allow you to resize the storage space within them. There’s no point having a cavernous area to store things in if those things are small and will be firing around like ping pong balls in there. Look for a trunk organizer that you can adapt to your individual needs.
How Much Weight Can Trunk Organizers Support?
Different trunk organizers, of course, can support different amounts of weight. From smaller light-duty organizers that would struggle to contain more than 20 lbs up to heavy-duty models which are capable of holding weights in excess of 100 lbs, there is a wide range of organizers available to suit different needs. Always check the manufacturer’s recommended maximum storage weight before purchasing a trunk organizer.