Family days out with the kids are truly a blessing. But afterwards, when the kids are tucked up in bed after an exhausting day, checking the back of the car to find mucky footprints all over the car seats is always a bummer. How can you enjoy family days to the max if there’s always a clean-up job waiting for you?
Thankfully, car seat protectors are the solution to all your problems. We’ve done all the dirty work for you and compiled together the top twenty car seat protectors on the market. By trusting in us, you’ll be enjoying stress-free family road trips before you know it. So, go on… what are you waiting for?
The Best Car Seat Protector
Taking the kids to the park is the solution to a tidy home, right? Yet although your lounge’s carpet is protected, in this case it’s the backs of our car seats that suffer the most. Enovoe’s 18″ x 24″ car kick mats are here to help. Simply strap the heavy-duty straps around your car seat and away you go.
These sleek black mats will be kept in optimal condition thanks to their deluxe packaging and high-quality material. And if you’re always tight for time, Enovoe’s product doesn’t take any up – all you have to do is wipe the Kick Mats with a damp cloth and they’ll be as good as new.
- Company offer a no-hassle lifetime warranty for unsatisfied customers
- Kick Mats will cover entire seat, thereby protecting it from dirt and grime
- Simply wipe with a damp cloth to clean Kick Mat
- Deluxe Packaging keeps Kick Mats in optimal condition
- Heavy-duty straps ensure Kick Mat stays in place
- Brand Enovoe
- Model 5841625972
- Weight 11.2 ounces
If you lead an active lifestyle, then stressing about your sweat ruining your car seat after a heavy gym session becomes just part of the workout. Gorla’s Premium Universal Fit Waterproof Seat Cover is the solution to make gym sessions more relaxed on the mind. You’ll reap the benefits of this seat cover’s contoured fit, increasing your car seat’s longevity.
We simply adore Neoprene; thanks to this material you’ll be comfier in the car and will no longer have to put up with the leather sticking to your skin. Plus, if you aren’t completely satisfied then don’t stress; Gorla’s waterproof car seat cover is backed with a lifetime warranty.
- Integrated strap and anti-slip backing keep car seat cover in place
- Comfortable neoprene material won't stick to skin
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Included Seat Belt Protector comes with initial price
- Protects seat from daily grime
- Brand Gorla
- Model Gorla_Seat Cover_Black
- Weight 1.52 pounds
Brica center their ethos around ensuring that parents enjoy days out just as much as their little ones. Their Deluxe Kick Mats have been upgraded so now they’re a whole ten percent larger than before. Yet there’s no need to worry about bulkiness – the elastic strap ensures that the mat looks tailored against the seat.
Fit for purpose in most minivans and SUV’s, Brica provide their customer with two of these seat protectors for families with two little munchkins. Parents universally believe that it’s the simplicity of the design that makes this product great – having no pockets allow the kick mat to be tossed in the wash whenever you please!
- Universal fit thanks to heavy-duty, adjustable elastic buckles
- 10% larger than previous model for additional coverage
- Eliminates moisture and dirt thanks to grime guard fabric
- Compatible with minivan, SUV and sedan seats
- Brand Brica
- Model 64015
- Weight 11.2 ounces
We all are or know a scatterbrain who often lives in the midst of chaos. And with children, this disorganization can often spiral out of control. Lyork’s Car Seat Protectors will help keep your cluttered life from brimming over thanks to their invaluable mesh pockets that can hold toys, bottles, books… you name it.
Made of durable 600D fabric and PVC leather, you can guarantee that Lyork’s creation won’t be worn out anytime soon. And neither will the heavy-duty safety straps that fasten to the headrest. Able to protect your seats from children or even furry friends, the pair of protectors are available for a steal.
- Waterproof car seat ideal for all SUVs and trucks as well as cars
- Ventilated mesh pockets provide easy access to bits and bobs
- Made of durable 600D fabric and PVC leather
- Adjustable safety straps fasten cover to headrest without any fiddling
- Multifunctional product ensures car seat is protected from pets and children
- Brand Lyork
- Model EH-60002
- Weight 2.35 pounds
If you’re looking for quality at a low price, lebogner’s Car Seat Protector is here to surpass all your expectations. The product will save you valuable time to profit from your day trip: all you need to do is tie the cover of the adjustable strap to the headrest and the world’s your oyster.
If you aren’t satisfied with this product – although we can’t imagine why you wouldn’t be – then the company offer a 100% lifetime money back guarantee. Yet with the five organizer pockets, a tablet holder, and super grip vinyl corners, it would be pretty impossible not to adore it.
- Super grip vinyl corners prevent car seat from slipping and keep your child safe
- Designed to snugly fit around your seat
- 100% Lifetime Money Back guarantee
- Bottom strap is discretely tucked underneath seat back to maintain aesthetic
- Five organizer pockets and tablet holder minimize clutter
- Brand lebogner
- Model LOR-A-1049
- Weight 1.65 pounds
There aren’t many moments of calm in parenthood, but having your kids fall asleep to a movie in the back of the car is one of these stolen moments of peace. As well as protecting the back of your car seat from scuffs, the clear iPad holder on Oasser’s commodity will entertain your kids on long car journeys.
Plus, the Nylon fasten tape on both sides of the holder allows an earphone to be plugged in, meaning you can also enjoy some peace and quiet in the front. Made of 600D Oxford cloth, the durable and waterproof protector will see you through many family road trips.
- Both backseat organizers come with clear 10" IPad holder
- Made of 600D Oxford cloth, nylon, PVC and waterproof frosted PVC
- Mesh begs keep miscellaneous items in the one place
- Waterproof material easy to fit and clean
- Bilateral closure keeps cables and headsets at 100% charge
- Brand Oasser
- Model E2
- Weight 1.72 pounds
Are you eager to kit out your car with seat protectors yet worry about they’ll affect the overall design of your ride? We guarantee that FH Group’s Beige/Tan Car Seat Cushions will be even more fashionable than the seats underneath. Available in an array of classy colors, the covers are both non-slip and water resistant.
Yet the covers don’t only cater for appearance. The sideless design is airbag compatible and built-in seatbelt holders are also accommodated. And the built-in pocket doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb but, instead, is built in underneath the seat for easy access.
- Available in a wide assortment of colors
- Non-slip backing keeps cushions adjusted
- Sideless design is airbag compatible and allows for built-in seatbelt holders
- Water-resistant material can be easily cleaned with a wet cloth
- Velcro openings and adjustable straps are concealed to facilitate easy on/off design
- Brand FH Group
- Model PU207BEIGETAN102
- Weight 5.05 pounds
Say hello to Ohuhu’s Car Seat Protectors and Kick Mats. This four-pack has helpfully included two of each product so that no matter where your kids have been – whether that’s the pool, the beach, or a mud-bath – your car seats will have 360-degree coverage.
Made of premium polyester, from the dual grip traction technology to the adjustable elastic straps, manufacturers have delivered a product that buyers can trust. Plus, the roomy mesh pockets will stop the back of your car from looking like a garbage truck!
- Made of premium polyester to maintain durability
- Anti-slip seat grip keeps baby and their seat safe
- Roomy back mesh pockets hold day-out essentials
- Adjustable elastic straps make car seat easy to install
- Four-pack of both car seat protectors and kick mats provide additional protection
- Brand Ohuhu
- Model 4
- Weight 3.99 pounds
If you’re looking for plushness, don’t stray far from Big Ant’s leather rear car seat covers. The high-quality leather – totally breathable so to alleviate fatigue and expedite metabolism – covers a high-density rebound sponge fitted solely for your comfort. And how could anyone go wrong with rubber soled car seat covers?
As well as being scratch and water-resistant, Big Ant’s model is also stain-resistant – so get used to waving goodbye to marks at the swipe of a cloth. The only dilemma is choosing between the irresistible black, grey, and beige designs. You better start now… we still can’t decide what design we’d go for!
- Back seat cushion controls body temperature
- Made of non-slip rubber to prevent material from sliding off car seat
- Back row size seat cushion measuring 58.3 length x 18.9 width
- Abides by safety specifications by exposing seatbelt buckles for easy access and security
- Compatible with side impact airbags
- Brand Big Ant
- Model 002-BackPad-Black
- Weight 1.76 pounds
Sustainable products, as they quite rightly should be, are the most desirable products on today’s market. That’s why the environmentally conscientious Lusso Gear have designed their Kick Mats from odor-free Oxford fabric to adjust to society’s changing demands.
Saving yourself money, energy, and time from installation to annual cleaning is what this product does best. And the three ingenious mesh pockets can hold whatever you deem fit. All in all, purchasing this Kick Mat is a win-win; your kids can place their dirty shoes up on the back seat and you won’t have to tell them ‘no’!
- Made with sustainable and odor free materials
- Comes with lifetime warranty
- Safety compliant thanks to adjustable headrest strap
- Secure fit maintained due to heavy-duty nylon straps
- Two-pack protector contains three mesh pockets to store smaller items
- Brand Lusso Gear
- Model 8542112847
- Weight 15.2 ounces
Whether the weather’s rain or sun, Diono is here to help as an extra parent on days out. The fantastic sun-block shield is our favorite feature: included to keep the car seat cold when out-of-action. So, when your child returns to the car, they’ll be cool as a cucumber.
Pentalock and Flexlock technology go to great lengths to ensure your vehicle’s upholstery is protected. And the tightly-woven fabric makes clean up simple after mucky trips to the park. Compatible with all belts and seats, there’s no need to look any further.
- Included sun-block shield covers the car seat and keeps seat buckles cooler for child
- Compatible with all seat belts and car seats
- Five-layer Pentalock technology guarantees durable construction
- Anti-slip thanks to top and bottom grip materials
- Front pockets create additional storage space
- Brand Diono
- Model 40241
- Weight 1.61 pounds
The notorious lebogner Car Seat Protector creates a portable playroom for your child. Equipped with three organizer pockets that can hold toys, books, or even an IPad to watch movies on, your kid will be all set for the long journey ahead. And they can sit their dirty trainers wherever they please thanks to the included Kick Mat.
With a lifetime money back guarantee and an ‘invisible strap’ keeping the seat from sagging, it’s no wonder this double-layered diva is selling out. And after purchase, you’ll be wondering why everyone doesn’t own this protector.
- Made of super grip vinyl corners to prevent car seat slippage
- Double layered fabric protects seat from harm
- Three organizer pockets ensure children's toys and books are in reach
- Bottom strap can be tucked under seat back so passenger doesn't feel it
- Lifetime money back guarantee
- Brand lebogner
- Model LOR-A-1047
- Weight 1.3 pounds
Your car ends up being where you spend a lot of family time, so you’ll undoubtedly want it to feel safe and happy for your children. Compatible with all car seats, the protector is fast and easy to install thanks to adjustable, heavy-duty straps.
You’ll finally be able to enjoy packed lunches on road trips whilst on the move again thanks to the waterproof cover mat that allows stains to be easily removed with just a little water. And the anti-slip strips keep the mat on your child’s seat in place and everyone happy… including your little rugrat tucked up in the back.
- Waterproof 600D Oxford fabric is easily cleanable with a damp cloth
- Compatible with all seats in cars, trucks, SUVs and more
- Extra tall back panel is both comfortable and compatible with car seats
- Grip on both sides to keep protector secure
- One-piece design keeps all accessories contained
- Brand Shynerk
- Model CarSeatProtector
- Weight 1.85 pounds
Wanting to class the inside of your vehicle up a notch? IVICY are for those car fanatics who want to treat their cars to the very best. Made of soft and breathable suede fabric, the warm beige tones will be soothing for the eyes and your backside!
Worrying over installation? Taking a couple of seconds out of your day is all that’s needed for fitting and removing this first-rate invention. And this protection product isn’t just for winter – these front seat car covers are resistant to temperature fluctuations and can be used all year round.
- Created with breathable suede fabric that is both soft and comforting
- Product is machine washable and able to air dry
- Backed with thirty-day money back guarantee with one-year warranty on material defects
- Easy installation guaranteed thanks to anti-slip backing
- Will protect seats from daily dirt and grime
- Brand IVICY
- Model AV-2016JN
- Weight 1.15 pounds
If you wanting to brighten up your morning commute, fitting Copap’s colorful front seat covers into your vehicle will add a touch of color into your life. As well as being fun and playful, these covers are a breeze to install and will fit most models perfectly… even going over the pesky headsets!
Backed with a thirty-day warranty, the 3mm of foam padding won’t only keep your frame supported but also protect your pristine seats. Plus, thanks to the helpful hooks, the Baja fabric will be protected from sagging. What’s not to love?
- Aesthetically pleasing Baja design available in a wide variety of colors
- 3mm foam padding is breathable and comfortable to rest on
- Includes safety seat belt pad protectors
- Available at a bargain
- Backed with a 30-day warranty
- Brand Copap
- Model IASC-010F
- Weight 1.81 pounds
As a parent, it may seem as if absolutely everything – from your child’s clothes to the back of your car seat – is constantly covered in dirt and grime. XBRN’s Car Protector allows families to embrace adventure… as all former traces of muck will be eradicated thanks to these kick mats’ waterproof construction.
If your child often cannot decide which furry friend should accompany them on trips, their entire team of teddies can sit snugly inside the two roomy mesh pockets. Compatible in jeeps, trucks, and SUVs alike, this is the product to beat.
- Two protectors contain two spacious mesh pockets for organizational purposes
- Reinforced top straps minimize folding by keeping seat protector in place
- Protect against children's mucky feet
- Compatible in jeeps, trucks, vans, and SUVs
- Brand XBRN
- Weight 7.2 ounces
From construction workers to triathletes, CleanRide’s 100% Waterproof Car Seat Cover promises to keep your car seat out of harm’s way. Proudly manufactured in the USA, you can bet that this product is meticulously designed: the smart hook system will keep the dreaded hook-up at only a matter of seconds.
This is the only product on the market that’s lab tested for bacteria resistance – meaning smelly seat odors will be a nightmare of the past. And let’s not forget that this lightweight model is made of wonderful sweat wicking fabric – so say goodbye to summer stickiness forever!
- Proudly manufactured in the USA
- Waterproof and durable wicking fabric stops bacteria from forming
- Headrest clip allows easy setup
- 100% satisfaction money back warranty
- Product will not stain seats like other unreliable models
- Brand CleanRide
- Model CleanRide-2
- Weight 11.2 ounces
If you’re a sun-worshipper who loves nothing more than summer road trips or the opposite, Shmidt’s Luxury Car Seat Cover is dependable no matter the weather. Available in black, grey, or beige, this universal, patent pending design can be fitted into any vehicle. And its timeless design will be maintained thanks to the extra-tuck-in security flap and the non-slip PVC dots on the back side keeping it upright.
What’s extremely telling about Shmidt’s commitment to durability is that their products are made, stitched, and sewn by hand. As well as certifying that they’re of the highest quality possible, this puts forth a powerful message: that they’re made by and for individuals everywhere.
- Available in beige, gray, and black
- Made of durable 600D Oxford fabric with indestructible water-resistant PVC coating
- Hand-stitched design ensures highest durability
- Extra storage space thanks to spacious pockets
- Tuck-in security flap ensures your child will be safe
- Brand Shmidt'S
- Model VI-Z9E2-6809
- Weight 1.3 pounds
All Tike’s competitors watch out, as their Clean-Edge Kick Mat as innovative as they come. Its invisible strap is hidden away to hide away any annoying straps. And combined with the flexible stiffener, every cover inside your vehicle will be kept perpendicular.
Made of high-quality and waterproof PVC-coated polyester fabric, this durable design is built to last. And it can be wiped clean in seconds just by using a damp cloth. Guaranteed to fit perfectly in the majority of cars, minivans, and mid-sized trucks, you can’t go wrong with this 100%-backed back seat cover.
- Attractive tan color looks better than original back of seat
- Clean-edge reinforced edging keeps design in place
- 'Invisible strap' between seat can be easily fitted
- Kick protector promises not to flop or wrinkle due to sturdy design
- Instant cleaning with a damp sponge
- Brand TIKE SMART
- Model KM.CE.Pl.Tan.U
- Weight 6.4 ounces
We like to go out with a bang, and what better way to do so than heralding DMosse’s Car Seat Protector? DMoose’s silky-back creation is made from top-grade 600D Oxford fabric that won’t go down without a fight due to durable stitching and sturdy edges. It’s dirt and spill-resistant
DMoose profess that their central objective is to ‘give customers quality’, and they do just that by backing their product with a lifetime warranty. Plus, thanks to their two mesh pockets they’ve created valuable space for families in need of it. So, for anyone who’s in need of some serious backseat storage, we recommend giving this Car Seat Protector a go.
- Two stretchable mesh pockets minimize backseat clutter
- Tablet holder keeps child entertained on long journeys
- Drink holders made of neoprene insulation keep liquids contained
- Sizeable model extremely secure with Click Buckle Strap construction
- Reinforced double stitching is professional and reliable
- Brand DMoose
- Model 680599367557
- Weight 1.9 pounds
What to Look for in Car Seat Protectors
Buyers often misinterpret the universal, all-encompassing question above; believing that everyone should opt for the fanciest, most expensive design. Wrong –it’s only you who can assert what you need dependent on your surroundings, financial situation, and personal taste. That’s why, instead of pigeonholing our buyers into what most perceive to be the right choice, we’ve outlined three pertinent questions below when asking yourself what suits you best.
- How hot is your state in summer? – We all love the lavishness of leather car seat covers; until summer creeps around the corner. If you’re blessed to live in a sunny state, leather car seat covers become hot and sticky to the touch (not unlike ourselves during the summer!) And if you live in the polar-opposite climate, they’ll be like sitting on an ice-cube. So, what will you choose, opulence or common sense?
- How easy will the car seat covers be to clean? – Some of us are lucky enough to have furry friends or little rugrats in our lives that create mess wherever they go. In this case, we recommend steering clear of sheepskin, as they require removal to have them cleaned professionally – which costs quite a bit of money.
Benefits of Car Seat Covers
- An investment into your vehicle
It’s evident that a car’s selling price decreases over time. Yet a fantastic way to protect your upholstery to retain as much resale value as possible is by protecting seats through car seat covers. Plus, it will look a whole lot better too.
- Creating a stress-free travel environment
Days out with the kids are either a breeze or absolute carnage and it’s impossible to predict what one. Purchasing car seat covers and kick mats to keep your children’s mucky welly boots from marking our car seats and make for a happier day out overall.
- Protection from UV rays
As much as sun worshippers out there tend to brush away the sun’s side effects, UV rays are extremely dangerous. You can’t ever stop your seats from wrinkling completely, but you can stop them from degrading as rapidly!
Types of Car Seat Protectors
Custom Fit: These seat covers are for buyers who aren’t afraid of commitment. Selected according to your vehicle’s model and type, custom fit car seat protectors fit your seats perfectly.
Semi-Custom Fit: These seat covers are the middle ground between custom and universal, making it the most popular choice on the market. Therefore, if you want a cover that directly fits your vehicle but without the substantial price tag, this fit is for you.
Universal Seat Protectors: Do you want seat cover protection yet are looking at purchasing another vehicle? Universal Car Seat protectors can be transferred from one seat to another in a matter of seconds – without any concern that it won’t fit.
Neoprene vs Neosupreme Car Seat Covers
Frequently confusing Neopreme with Neosupreme is a common mistake that makes customers pay higher prices. Let’s look at the main differences so you won’t be conned into paying hand over fist for the wrong material.
Made with Chloroprene Rubber – the same material used in wetsuit materials – you can guarantee that Neoprene is heavily water-resistant. On the other hand, Neosupreme is made of Neotex which is UV-protective and waterproof.
Have you ever been in a store and watched customers picking up seat covers to smell them? This isn’t total weirdo behavior as some may suspect but, in fact, an outward display of brainpower. Neosupreme is less expensive that Neoprene as it doesn’t use a rubber. Therefore, there exists a distinctive odor to Neoprene that Neosupreme doesn’t have. The greater the smell equals the greater the bargain!
Best Car Seat Protector FAQ:
Q: How can I protect my leather car seats?
A: Leather car seats are, without a doubt, the crème de la crème of car seats. However, like all other luxuries in life, success must be combined with sheer perseverance. Due to leather’s natural nature, it becomes easily affected by heat and UV rays. By following the few steps below, your leather will be kept pristine for as long as possible:
- Vacuum – Watch all the seat debris and dirt get sucked away by your merciless vacuum. Be sure not to miss this step: leaving these unwelcome specs of grime to rot will damage the leather when wiping the seats.
- Spray with Leather Cleaner – After applying your chosen cleaner, use a soft bristled brush on all marks and bumps. We recommend having a good bash at noticeable creases or sections where skin meets leather.
- Wipe it down – Pick out your favorite microfiber and wipe away any excess moisture.
Heads up; it’s best to carry out this process on a lazy Sunday morning when you’ve not got much else to do. Allow 1-24 hours, dependent on the weather, for the seat to dry before you zoom off into the night.
Q: Are car seat protectors difficult to install?
A: We tend to follow a rule of thumb that asserts; if you’re having difficulty installing your protector, you’ve bought the wrong protector! Most universal car seat protectors can be fitted within a couple of seconds and usually include several adjustable bands that wrap around your car seat. Frankly, if you believe that snapping the strap around the headrest is an ‘installation’, we dread to think how you’ll cope if your vehicle runs into any real problems!
Q: Will seat covers ruin leather seats?
A: The seat covers themselves will not ruin the leather seats. However, depending on your choice of seat cover fabric, your leather seats could be ruined by the destructive UV rays as the years go by. NeoSupreme covers are the real deal: as well as comfort, your leather seats will be protected by harmful UV rays.
Q: Can I put seat protectors over heated leather seats?
A: Fitting ordinary car seat covers over heated seats is simply a disaster waiting to happen. However, you are at liberty to do so if you purchase fire resistant covers or fabrics. Neoprene, for example, is rated fire resistant – although this material can be costly.
Q: How do I wash my car seat covers?
The answer depends entirely on the material your car seat covers are made from. Neoprene car seat covers aren’t just ‘spot clean only’ items, they can also be hand-washed without a problem. On the other end of the spectrum, sheepskin seat covers are a different ballgame and will have to be hand-washed and rinsed thoroughly before being left to drip-dry. Likewise, they can’t be left in direct sunlight to dry! No matter what, always read the label before attempting to wash.
Our Top Pick
So, out of all the top-quality car seat protectors reviewed for you today, what one would we trust to keep out seats in tip-top condition? We’d just have to opt for Enovoe’s Seat Back Kick Mats. They’re perfect for families with children, covering pretty car down so your little one’s won’t mark up the back of your plush leather seats. Plus, the straps are easily hidden so you can’t see the straps from the front seats. Finally, cleaning them at the end of a long trip couldn’t be easier – just wipe them down with a cloth and they’ll be as good as new. Created by parents for parents, these mats are a durable solution to your car cleaning problems.