- 1. AutoSpa 97372AS Interior Car Detail Duster
- 2. California Car Duster 62442 with Wooden Handle
- 3. Relentless Drive Ultimate Car Duster
- 4. Swiffer 180 Dusters Multi Surface Refills
- 5. Prestige Auto Care Ultra Premium Car Duster
- 6. Relentless Drive Ultimate Dash Duster
- 7. DOKO-IN Super Soft Microfiber Car Dash Duster
- 8. Dusterior Microfiber Car Duster
- 9. SENHAI Mini Duster for Car Air Vent
- 10. Fasmov Car Duster
- Best Car Duster Buying Guide & FAQ
Improving the longevity, efficiency, and look of your vehicle is not just about the fuel you use and the additions you make to either the engine or the bodywork. It is also about ensuring it has regular services, that it is well maintained, and that it is kept clean. Something as simple as a buildup of dust can affect your car’s performance and fuel efficiency, particularly once that dust makes its way into the air vents. Dust can also affect your driving experience and make you sneeze, which we all know is unpleasant and potentially dangerous when driving. One answer to this problem is to keep the inside of your vehicle dust free. To achieve this, you need an effective car duster. But, with so many to choose from, where do you start? Our panel of car experts has collated a list of the ten best car dusters to point you in the right direction.
The Best Car Duster
If you are looking for a car duster that is designed to get into some of the hardest to reach parts of your car interior, then the AutoSpa 97372AS might be just what you are looking for. Its long chenille microfiber fingers, that completely envelop the head, allow you to grab dust from all sides with little effort. The dust remains trapped in the fingers until you shake it free. Its size and shape are ideal for pockets and cupholders, while the molded plastic handle gives you a comfortable and secure grip.
- Ideal for hard to reach places
- Includes long chenille microfiber fingers
- Includes molded plastic handle for grip and comfort
- Product dimensions: 1.2” x 3.5” x 10”
- Brand AutoSpa
- Model 97372AS
- Weight 3.2 ounces
If you are looking for a duster that has a more traditional brush shape, then consider the California Car Duster 62442 Standard Car Duster. The duster comes complete with a wooden handle and 100% cotton mop head. The head is treated with a special paraffin wax that is designed to remove dust from surfaces, rather than simply moving it around. The duster is ideal for larger surfaces and is guaranteed not to scratch painted exterior surfaces.
- Ideal for large flat surfaces
- Includes wooden handle
- Includes 100% cotton, paraffin wax treated mop head
- Product dimensions: 25” x 7” x 3”
- Brand California Car Duster
- Model 62442
- Weight 1.43 pounds
The Ultimate Car Duster by Relentless Drive has an extendable steel handle to help you get into the hard to reach places on your vehicle. The larger duster head is covered with electrostatic chenille microfiber fingers to help pick up dust and pollen and hold it until you have finished your cleaning. The heavy-duty duster doesn’t leave behind any residue or lint particles, helping you get the perfect finish every time.
- Ideal for hard to reach places
- Includes extendable steel handle
- Duster head is completely covered in electrostatic chenille microfiber fingers
- Product dimensions: 21.5” x 6” x 6”
- Brand Relentless Drive
- Model UCD-1
- Weight 1 pounds
Swiffer 180 Dusters, Multi Surface Refills have a Febreze Lavender & Comfort Scent to leave your car smelling fresh as well as looking clean. The duster head traps dust and common allergens in its specially coated fibers and holds it there until the whole head is placed in the trash. The heads can be used in conjunction with either short or long Swiffer handles, meaning they can reach every corner of your vehicle with ease. The head design makes it perfect for use on a host of surfaces across the interior or exterior of your vehicle.
- Ideal for multiple surfaces within the interior of your vehicle
- Disposable head holds and traps dirt, dust, and allergens
- Requires a Swiffer handle to work effectively
- Product dimensions: 3.6” x 7.7” x 9.4”
- Brand Swiffer
- Weight 4.6 ounces
If you are looking for a duster that is specifically designed to deal with dust on your dash, then the Ultimate Dash Duster by Relentless Drive might be just what you are looking for. The duster fits in an average size glovebox, meaning it is always close to hand when it is needed. It has a 10” dusting head covered in electrostatic microfiber chenille fingers that allow you to dust quickly as well as effectively. The molded plastic handle gives you a secure and comfortable grip, allowing you to get into all the joints and corners of your car’s interior.
- Ideal for your car’s dash
- Includes a molded plastic handle
- Includes 10” head covered in electrostatic microfiber chenille fingers
- Product dimensions: 13” x 3” x 2”
- Brand Relentless Drive
- Model UDD
- Weight 2.4 ounces
If you prefer a brush style dash duster, then the DOKO-IN Super Microfiber Car Dash Duster might be just what you need. The soft microfiber fingers dust your dash and other interior surfaces without scratching or causing damage. The head doesn’t leave lint behind and does not attract germs, even if it gets wet. Its shape and size mean that it can be easily stored under the driver’s seat, while the plastic handle ensures that the duster remains light and easy to handle.
- Ideal for dusting your dash
- Includes soft microfiber fingers for trapping dust
- Includes lightweight plastic handle
- Product dimensions: 11.3 x 5 x 2
- Brand DOKO-IN
- Model FBA_Dash_duster_1
- Weight 2.4 ounces
The long microfiber fingers on the head of the Microfiber Car Duster by Dusterior work to trap dust, dirt, and pollen and keep it trapped until you have finished dusting. The soft finger won’t damage or mark your car’s interior and are soft enough to be used on paintwork. The brush style duster includes a telescopic stainless steel handle that extends your reach by an additional 6″, making dusting every part of your vehicle’s interior easy.
- Ideal for dusting hard to reach areas
- Includes telescopic stainless steel handle
- Includes fine, long microfiber fingers for trapping dust
- Product dimensions: 15.5” x 5.6” x 3.8”
- Brand Dusterior
- Weight 1.1 pounds
If you are looking for a duster that is designed specifically for cleaning the air vents on your vehicle, then consider the Mini Duster for Car Air Vent by SENHAI. The duster comprises of a three-pronged head and a nylon brush at the opposite end. Each prone is covered by a removable and washable towel cloth and is designed to slip into the gaps between each vent section. The brush can be used to help move stubborn dust and dirt, and to get into awkward shaped or smaller spaces. The brush head is removable for easy cleaning.
- Designed for cleaning interior air vents
- Includes three-pronged head, each with a removable and washable towel covering
- Includes removable nylon brush end
- Product dimensions: 6.1” x 5.7” x 0.9”
- Brand SENHAI
- Weight 3.84 ounces
The Fasmov Car Duster consists of soft cotton fibers that are wax treated to ensure they collect surface dust rather than just moving it around. The fibers are suitable for use on paintwork, meaning the duster can be used on by the interior and exterior of your vehicle. The brush style duster has a stainless steel handle for strength and a molded grip for comfort.
- Ideal for use on a vehicle’s interior and exterior
- Includes soft cotton fibers that are wax treated
- Includes stainless steel handle with a molded grip for comfort
- Product dimensions: 16.3” x 4.5” x 1.4”
- Brand Fasmov
- Model CarDuster-1pcs-F
- Weight 14.4 ounces
Best Car Duster Buying Guide & FAQ
A car duster is an essential tool for keeping your car interior clean and comfortable. However, choosing the right car cleaning duster for your needs is about more than just knowing what is available. It is also important to know what to look for in a car duster and the different types of duster that are available. In this section of the buying guide, we look at both of these aspects and explore the benefits of having a car duster. We also answer some of the most frequently asked questions about car dusters.
What to Consider When Buying The Best Car Duster
When you are looking for the best car interior duster for your vehicle, price and budget are likely to be two important considerations. However, it is crucial to remember that cheaper is rarely better and that you may pay much more in the long run.
A cheaper, poor quality duster could potentially scratch or damage the interior surfaces of your car. If you use it on the exterior, then you risk scratching your paintwork. Poor quality materials are also less likely to work effectively, meaning that you will need to pay more to replace the duster.
As well as price and budget other considerations include:
- Effectiveness: You want a car dust brush that will remove dust in one pass and hold onto it, rather than moving it to another place or lifting it into the air. The best dusters lift the dust from the surface and trap it until you shake it free or wash the duster.
- Grip: You need a duster that is comfortable to use and that allows you to maintain a firm grip on the handle. Molded plastic handles or molded grips on stainless steel handles are ideal for achieving this. If the grip is uncomfortable or unsteady, then you may put too much pressure on the duster. This could cause damage to surfaces, particularly when dusting mirrors or windows on your vehicle.
- Ease of use: Does the car duster you are considering allow you to easily reach all the areas that need to be dusted? Can you reach into corners, air vents, and cup holders for example? If you have a large vehicle or have difficulty bending or stretching, then a duster with a telescopic handle may be beneficial. The same is true if you are considering a car duster for exterior use as it will allow you to easily reach the roof and tops of the doors.
- Durability: It is important to consider the quality of the design and manufacturing of a duster as well as of the original materials. A duster that uses high-quality materials but is poorly put together will still lack durability. Similarly, a poorly designed duster could break, causing damage to the vehicle or injury to you.
- Reusability: Do you want a duster that you can reuse or one that can be thrown away when it is no longer effective. While reusable dusters require some cleaning and care to keep them working effectively, they are more cost effective and better for the environment. However, for this to remain true, the duster needs to meet all the other considerations we have discussed.
- Versatility: While not essential, it is beneficial if you have a duster that can be used for other chores as well. Choosing a duster that can be used in the home or office reduces your costs and means that you always know where your favorite cleaning tool is likely to be.
Benefits of a Car Duster
If you are looking for an easy and effective way to keep your car interior clean and dust free, then a good quality car duster is the answer. The main benefit of using a duster is that unlike a cloth, it allows you to actually remove the dust rather than just moving it from one place to another. It also reduces the need for vacuuming, which can be difficult and time-consuming.
Using an effective car duster also reduces the need for using soapy water within your vehicle. While soap and water are an effective cleaning method, it can be difficult, messy, and runs the risk of spillages that could damage the materials within the interior of your car.
A car duster also allows you to reach areas that a vacuum or cloth may not be able to reach easily or effectively. This includes difficult to reach corners, air vents, cup holders, and other small spaces such as door pockets.
A versatile car duster also enables you to remove surface dust and dirt from the exterior of your vehicle, reducing the need to wash your vehicle. Washing your car is time-consuming and particularly with automatic car washes, puts your paintwork at risk of scratches and damage.
What are the Different Types of Car Dusters available in the Market?
There are four main types of car dusters microfiber, cotton, lambswool, and compressed air. Each has its own uses and benefits; however, microfiber dusters are the most commonly used and have the greatest variety of styles. One of the reasons why microfiber dusters are the most commonly used is because they are most effective, easiest to use, and generally thought to be environmentally friendly.
- Microfiber: Microfiber dusters are made from a synthetic material that creates a small electrostatic charge. This charge attracts and then traps small particles, such as dust, pollen, and other allergens. Microfiber dusters are soft and are unlikely to cause scratching or damage to surfaces. There are several different styles of microfiber dusters including flat cloths and microfiber fingers. Microfiber fingers can trap more dust and cover greater surfaces areas than a flat cloth, they are also more versatile and able to get into smaller spaces. However, care needs to be taken to ensure that the fingers do not snag on sharp edges or protrusions.
- Cotton: Specially waxed cotton can also act as an effective duster. Such dusters. Like the California car duster, usually, take on the same appearance as microfiber fingers. Like a microfiber duster, it traps the dust after removing it from the surface.
- Lambswool: Dusters made from lambswool are more expensive than either cotton or microfiber dusters. While it is a traditional dusting material it is less effective than more modern materials. Lambswool works due to its natural magnetic static, however, it is more difficult to use in small areas and hard to reach places.
- Compressed air: Dusters that use compressed air are specifically designed to reach areas that other dusters find extremely difficult to reach. They are beneficial for use on small accessories, electronics, and gadgets. While such a duster may be useful for dusting the gaps around buttons and switches its usefulness within most vehicles is limited particularly considering the higher cost of such an approach.
Best Car Duster FAQ:
Q: What is a Car Duster?
A: A car duster is a duster that is designed to fit in the small spaces that need dusting within your vehicle. The design usually includes a material covered head for dusting and a handle with a molded grip for ease of use. However, some have removable and disposable heads or additional features such as small brushes built into the handle.
Car duster heads are most commonly made from microfiber fingers that trap and hold dust, dirt, and allergen particle, making dusting quick and easy. Other materials used can include soft cloths, waxed cotton, and lambswool.
Q: How Do I Clean My Car Duster?
A: Microfiber and waxed cotton car dusters should be shaken over a trash can or other rubbish receptacle when you have finished. This removes the dirt, dust, and pollen that is trapped within the fibers or fingers. Some dusters are either hand or machine washable; however, you should check with the manufacturer’s guide before washing any part of a car duster.
The heads of disposable dusters should be disposed of carefully when they are too clogged to be used effectively.
Q: My Car Duster is Leaving Streaks or Lint on My Vehicle. What Do I Do?
A: If your car duster is leaving streaks when it is used, this is an indication that either moisture is trapped in the fiber or the surface you are dusting is wet. Ensure that the duster is completely dry before use and that surfaces are also free from damp or moisture.
Any streaks that remain on the interior of your vehicle can be removed by buffing with a clean, lint-free cloth. Once dried you can return to using your duster as normal.
Lint can be left in your duster during the manufacturing process, this is a particular issue with waxed cotton dusters. However, giving the duster a vigorous shake or using compressed air to blow the lint-free usually works to remove the issue. Any lint left on your surfaces can then be dusted away.
Q: Can I Use a Car Duster on Auto Glass?
A: If you have a soft duster that does not scratch, then it is suitable to use on glass. You should use gentle sweeping motions on the glass and be careful not to apply any pressure while dusting. Also, ensure that the glass is completely dry before dusting to avoid creating streaks.
If you are dusting interior or exterior mirrors, then check your settings and mirror positionings before driving your vehicle, just to check that you have not moved them during dusting.
If any of the glass or mirrors in your vehicle have special coating or tints applied to them, then check with the manufacturer before dusting.
Our Top Pick
Out top pick for a car duster that is designed to get into some of the most to reach parts of your car interior, is the AutoSpa 97372AS. Its long chenille microfiber fingers, that completely envelop the head, allow you to grab dust from all sides with little effort. The dust remains trapped in the fingers until you shake it free. Its size and shape are ideal for pockets and cupholders, while the molded plastic handle gives you a comfortable and secure grip.
- How Often Should You Wash Your Car? – HowStuffWorks