- 1. BV Bicycle Saddle Bag
- 2. Topeak Aero Wedge Saddle Bag
- 3. WOTOW Bike Saddle Bag
- 4. BV Bicycle Y-Series Saddle Bag
- 5. Rhinowalk Waterproof Bike Seat Bag
- 6. Rock Bros Waterproof Bike Bag
- 7. Roswheel Bicycle Storage Bag
- 8. FlexDin Bike Frame Bag
- 9. Lumintrail Strap on Bike Saddle Bag
- 10. ROSEWHEEL Bicycle Seat Bag
Bike riding is an excellent pastime if you want to get plenty of exercise and spend time outdoors in the fresh air. You will need to take some equipment with you but bicycle saddle bags are the perfect solution for your bike storage issues. They fit neatly underneath your bike seat and attach to the bike seat post with clips or Velcro straps.
The best bike saddle bags will not get in your way as you are riding and will not interfere with the aerodynamic design of your bike. Some are waterproof and some even come with some handy tools so that you can deal with emergency repairs when you are out and about. You have plenty of choice when it comes to bike saddle bags. To help you choose the best saddle bag for your needs, take a look at this handy guide.
The Best Bike Saddle Bag
This saddle bag is easy to mount to your bike using a strap-on design that fixes under your bike seat. Thanks to the adjustable Velcro strap, it is very easy to attach it to your bike and take it off again. The safety features include a Scotchlite reflective trim and a taillight hanger so that you can attach a light to the bag.
The strong zipper will keep your cell phone and wallet secure as you ride. It is made from impact-resistant mesh and comes in three sizes. The medium and large sizes even expand so that you will always have enough room for all your things.
- Easy to fix under the bike seat
- Scotchlite reflective trim for safety
- Available in three sizes
- Made from impact-resistant mesh
- Brand BV
- Model BV-SB1-M-P
- Weight 3.8 ounces
Fits comfortably under the seat
Big enough for a repair kit
Reflective tape is very bright
Bag is not waterproof
You can’t fit much in the smaller size
This saddle bag fixes below your seat using a click mounting system that you can fix on and release in seconds. It has a strong zipper around the front surface which opens it up completely so that you can fit everything you need to fit inside.
Also, at the front, there is a reflective strip for safety in low light conditions and a receptor where you can attach a bike light. It is available in four sizes.
- Fixes below the bike seat
- Clip fastening for speed
- Reflective strip
- Strong zipper
- Brand Topeak
Can fit all your kit in the larger sizes
Handy elasticated pouch
You can’t fit much in the smaller sizes
This product is a lot more than just a bike bag. It comprises of a 600D polyester bag with a zipper and adjustable straps to fix it on. It will fit to all bikes and has a wedge shape which is aerodynamic. It also has an inside main pocket and an outer mesh pocket. It is very quick to mount and release. Inside the bag, there is a multi-tool which includes an Allen wrench, a solid wrench, a flathead screwdriver, a Phillips screwdriver, a T-25 torx and a chain breaker.
In addition to this, there is a stainless-steel bike chain hook included that will keep your bike chain in place when you are fitting it back on. There is also a tire pry bar which is very solid and inflexible and has a non-slip pattern to save you time when getting a tire off.
- Polyester bike bag with zipper
- Includes a multi-tool for repairs on the go
- Comes with a bike chain hook and tire pry bar
- Aerodynamic wedge shape
- Brand WOTOW
- Weight 11.2 ounces
Comes with a complete tool kit for repairs
Big enough to fit a tube inside
Plastic levers so they won’t scratch your rims
No anti-theft mechanism
Doesn’t have all the hex screws that you may need
Four sizes of this bike bag are available ranging from extra small to large. It fixes neatly below the seat and has enough room for all your cycling essentials including tire tools, keys and cell phone.
You will be able to access your belongings easily thanks to the wide zippered opening. Safety is a priority – it has 3M ScotchliteTM reflective tape for low light conditions and a hanger for your taillight.
- Several sizes to choose from
- Fixes neatly below the seat
- 3M ScotchliteTM reflective tape
- Taillight hanger
- Brand BV
- Weight 3.8 oz
Plenty of room for biking essentials
Useful net/mesh pouch
Good design for fixing
Zipper can get jammed
You won’t have to worry about getting stuck in a downpour again with this waterproof bike bag. It is made out of PVC and will protect all of your valuables from both water and dust. Thanks to the welding technology, this durable bag stays water-resistant and is easy to clean.
This useful bike bag has reflective tape on both sides for improved safety and has a hanger for securely fixing a taillight. Thanks to the aerodynamic design, it does not interfere with the natural airflow around the frame. It is extremely lightweight but can store all of your biking essentials including a repair tool kit – the total volume is around 10 liters.
- PVC waterproof bike bag
- Welding technology to keep out water
- Reflective tape for safety
- Aerodynamic design
- Brand Rhinowalk
- Weight 1.4 pounds
Will withstand heavy storms
Soft, rubbery material
Could do with some more straps to secure it
Only one compartment – no additional pouches
This large bike saddle bag has an impressive capacity of 14 liters and will hold everything you need for a short ride. It secures at the top by rolling over and you can adjust its length to suit your needs on each ride. You only have to buy the one bag and it does several jobs!
This composite bag has three layers so it is both waterproof and resistant to oil. It also resists abrasion. To clean this mtb saddle bag, you just wipe it over with a damp cloth. This bag fixes quickly to your bike using straps with a buckle and it is compatible with all types of bike. For nighttime safety, there are reflective strips and the bag acts as a fender to guard your body from splashes of muddy water.
- Capacity of 14 liters
- Size can be adjusted
- Three layers – resistant to water
- Wipe clean
- Brand ROCK BROS
- Weight 1.8 pounds
Versatile enough to fit most bikes
Plastic buckles are a bit flimsy
Clips loosen over time
This strong bike bag is made from jacquard nylon which is tear-resistant. Because it has a double layer, it is 100 % waterproof and all of the hidden compartments are also completely sealed from water penetration. At the base, there is a PE board to give it strength. The internal capacity is 3 liters but this can be adjusted to 10 liters by opening it up further and this is about the same as a small rack bag.
It’s very easy to put on using a Velcro strap which attaches to the seat post using two durable snap-on buckles. It is compatible with all kinds of bike saddles and bike seat posts. For your safety, there are large reflective pads on each side of the bag and on the front. Taillight loops are provided.
- 100 % waterproof
- PE board for strength
- Attaches using Velcro strap and buckles
- Will fit to most bike seat posts
- Brand Roswheel
- Model 131372
- Weight 1 pounds
Waterproof even in heavy rain
Plenty of room inside
Tends to swing if it has heavy things in it
May rub against your hamstring
Because the capacity of this bike bag is so large (1.4 liters) you will be able to take all of your biking essentials with you on your journey including a tire repair tool and your gloves. It fixes under the seat of your bike and has a side opening. Inside, there is a mesh bag so that you can locate your items quickly even when the bag is full.
It fixes quickly to the seat post of your bike using a snap-on method which releases quickly. When you need to lock up your bike for a while and take a break, you can just grab that bag and go – it is small enough to hold easily in your hand. The aerodynamic design eliminates drag as you are travelling along and the reflective strips keep you safe. There is even a hook to hang a bike taillight for nighttime rides. Thanks to the 600D nylon fabric and coating of 0.1mm TPU waterproof film, no water can make itself inside and spoil your items and the bag is strong enough to maintain its shape.
- Large capacity
- Internal mesh bag for convenient storage
- Small enough to hold in your hand
- Waterproof and maintains its shape
- Brand FlexDin
- Weight 5.9 ounces
Fits well to a mountain bike
Multiple straps and therefore secure
Easy to open up
Can move slightly from side to side
May be a bit wide for some bikes
This compact bike bag is available in three useful sizes. It fits very neatly beneath the saddle of your bike. Inside it, there is a larger compartment with a key clip and a useful mesh pocket. There are also two further small side compartments so that you can neatly organize your smaller items and locate them quickly.
It has a durable construction and is made from 100% polyester which is both weather resistant and keeps your belongings safe. You can fix it on your bike in seconds using the snap-on design and the two Velcro straps which are adjustable. It fixes securely to your seat post just below your bike seat. For added safety when cycling in low light conditions, there are reflective strips on three sides of the bag and a loop to which you can fit a taillight.
- Available in three sizes
- Large internal compartment with key clip
- Fixes on in seconds
- Adjustable straps
- Brand Lumintrail
Multiple compartments are very useful
Easy to attach
Does not get in your way
Top straps may be too long for some bikes
You may struggle to get a spare tube in it
The zipper on this bag provides a practical design that is very easy to open. You can reach items inside without difficulty but the things you have inside will not fall out. It comes with durable straps and buckles so that you can fit it on easily and take it off again quickly. The total capacity is 1.2 liters so there is plenty of room for you to store your cell phone as well as your money and your keys.
It is made from an attractive PU leather and 600D polyester so you get an exterior finish that both looks good and is highly durable. Inside, there is a net case which helps you to efficiently organize the storage space. There are also bright reflective stripes for safety when you are cycling at night and in low light conditions.
- Very easy to open
- Made from attractive PU leather and 600D polyester
- Net case inside
- Bright reflective strips
- Brand ROSEWHEEL
- Model 98024
- Weight 2.4 ounces
Fits perfectly under the bike seat
Strap for rear light
Will resist water penetration
Stitching can come apart
May be too small for some journeys
Best Bike Saddle Bags Buying Guide & FAQ
Things to Consider When Buying Bike Saddle Bags
Before you go out and buy a bike saddle bag, check out this list of the things that you should look for.
- Size: This is the primary consideration for most people when they are buying a bike bag. On the one hand, you want it to fit neatly on the bike and not get in your way. However, you also need it to be big enough to fit everything that you need for your trip. A repair kit, some tools, your keys and obviously your cell phone. Many bikes come in several sizes so take some time to choose the one that would suit you best.
- Compatibility: The bike bag needs to be compatible with your particular bike. This is not usually an issue because the bags are designed to fit most bikes. However, it is worth having a quick look at the reviews to make sure.
- Adjustability: Sometimes you need to take more things on your bike ride than others. If you have a bag that can be adjusted to several sizes, it saves you from having to buy several bags so it works out cheaper.
- Fixing method: The bags usually fit just below the seat so that they are out of your way as you are pedaling. They can be clipped on or fixed with Velcro. It is important that you are able to get them on and off quickly and that they are not fiddly to fix.
- Aerodynamics: Bike bags should not get in the way of the aerodynamics of your bike – this is the way in which air flows around the bike as you are travelling along. If the bag does disrupt the aerodynamics, it will slow you down and it will take more effort to propel your bike forward. Most bike bags fit neatly under the seat so they don’t cause a problem.
- Water resistance: This is an issue if you are riding through streams or if you like to go for bike rides in the rain. If your bag is not waterproof, you could wrap sensitive items such as cell phones in plastic before you place them in the bag.
- Storage compartments: It can be useful to have several small compartments where you can store different items and get at them quickly. This is often more convenient than having one big compartment where smaller items tend to get lost. This is more of an issue with the larger capacity bags.
- Safety features: Safety should be your top priority. Most bike bags have reflective strips that help you to be seen at night. Many of them also have a hook onto which you can fix a taillight for extra visibility.
- Does it come with extras? Sometimes, you get a lot more than just a bike bag. You may get a selection of tools including a tire lever or a chain holder.
Benefits of Bicycle Saddle Bags
Bike riding is a very enjoyable pastime that is also very good for you. It provides plenty of exercise whilst you are out in the fresh air. You need to take a certain number of things with you on a bike ride. You will need some simple tools so that you can at least sort out a puncture or put your chain back on if it comes off. All of this has to be carried somewhere. A bike bag has several benefits compared to other methods of carrying biking essentials. Here are the main ones.
- They are small and compact: Bicycle saddle bags are designed to take up very little space. They are not bulky and they do not get in your way. This also means that you can take them off and carry them around with you when you leave your bike. The smaller the bike bag, the easier it will be for you to take around with you.
- They do not affect the aerodynamics of the bike: Air needs to flow in a certain way around a bike to allow it to travel forward efficiently. This gives you the best speed for the least effort. Bicycle saddle bags are designed to be aerodynamic because of where they fit onto your bike and their size. The larger ones are in a narrow but elongated shape so that they do not get in your way when you are pedaling and do not resist the flow of air.
- You don’t have to wear them: A rucksack that attaches to your bag is often bulky and can interfere with the way that you move. It can also make you feel very hot on a warm day. A bag that attaches to your bike does not have this problem.
- They fix on quickly: No one wants to spend ages fiddling around with complicated straps and clips. A bike bag is designed to clip on and off quickly using Velcro or clips.
- They expand: Many bicycle saddle bags have extensions that you can use if you need to carry something that is bulkier. When you no longer need the additional capacity, they fold away again.
Best Bike Saddle Bags FAQ:
Q: What should I keep in my saddle bag?
A saddle bag is designed to keep the essentials that you will need for a day out on your bike. They are not large enough to keep a lot of clothing or camping equipment. Here are the types of things that people keep in them.
– Cell phone
– Money/credit cards
– First aid supplies
– Spare tube
– Tire lever
– Multitool + case
– Digital pressure gauge
Obviously, the more things that you want to take with you, the bigger saddle bag you will need to buy.
Q: Should I buy a waterproof saddle bag?
This is a matter of personal preference. Not everything that you store inside a saddle bag needs to be kept dry. However, you may prefer for your cell phone to be kept away from water! Some bags are waterproof and some are not. If you do not buy a waterproof bag, you could wrap your delicate items in plastic. Waterproof bicycle seat bags are usually made out of a PVC material and are welded rather than stitched. They also keep out mud and dirt. This type of bag can be wiped clean after use. You can use them in downpours of rain and if you like cycling across riverbeds. Therefore, mountain bike saddle bags are usually waterproof.
Q: How should I maintain my bicycle saddle bag?
Saddle bags are designed to be very durable so they should need little maintenance. They do need to be checked for wear and tear each time you fix them onto your bike. They also need to be kept clean. If your bicycle seat bag is dirty, the reflective strips will not work properly. Follow the instructions given by the manufacturer on how to clean your bike bag. Most can be wiped don with a damp cloth.
Our Top Pick
Our top pick pf the best bike saddle bags is easy to mount using a strap-on design and fixes under the bike seat using an adjustable Velcro strap. It has a Scotchlite reflective trim and a taillight hanger so that you can attach a light to the bag at night.
The strong zipper keeps the contents secure as you ride and it is made from impact-resistant mesh. It comes in three sizes and the medium and large sizes even expand to make them larger.
- How to Make a Bicycle Saddle Bag – Wiki How