- 1. Guardian Dual Runner ATV Ramps
- 2. Yutrax 78-inch Tri-Fold XL ATV Ramps
- 3. Titan Ramps 10ft HD Wide Loading ATV Ramps
- 4. Goplus Steel Folding Loading ATV Ramps
- 5. Highland Aluminum Straight Loading ATV Ramps
- 6. Goplus Loading Aluminum ATV Ramps
- 7. Ironton Non-Folding Steel ATV Ramps
- 8. Black Widow Plate-Style Aluminum Extra-Wide ATV Ramps
- 9. Best Aluminum Ramps LBS Aluminum ATV Ramps
- 10. Larin Folding Steel ATV Ramps
When picturing the life of an ATVer, we conjure up appealing images of riding our favorite trails in summer with our mates against a backdrop of blue skies and bright sunshine. Yet we fail to account for the rainy days spent lugging our ATV up a ramp in order to transport it. This process – although actually fairly simple – is made difficult by the sheer number of designs that fail us in their inadaptability and unreliability.
Thankfully, we’ve become aware of this mass issue and assembled the best ATV Ramps of the bunch to choose one which is right for you. Whether you prefer trifold or dual runner ramps, can’t seem to choose between aluminum or steel, or favor Yutrax or Black Widow, this buying guide will leave you confident in your choice as well as more knowledgeable in tackling challenges even before you set foot on the trail.
The Best ATV Ramp
Does loading your ATV into your trailer always seem precarious if not unbelievably dangerous? Guardian’s Dual Runner Shed Ramps are your saving grace. Sold in pairs, each ramp is made from durable aluminum — ensuring that the pair are both lightweight and able to withstand 750.lbs of pressure on both axles. What’s more, loading and unloading will be even more secure thanks to the full-width attaching lip on both axles.
If you’ve often had problems with past axles concerning the width of the gaps of the rung surface, Guardian’s superior model features a serrated rung surface of 3.5” to accommodate smaller equipment. And if you wish for these ramps to be permanently mounted then the pre-drilled holes and the attaching lip will make this process a whole lot easier. Get with the hype and join the troop of buyers validating this product.
- Constructed from high-quality, lightweight aluminum with a capacity to hold 750.lb. per axle
- Sold in pairs
- Possible permanent mounting is ensured due to full 4" width L attaching lip with pre-drilled holes
- Ideal for loading a riding lawnmower, ATV, or even snow-blower into a garage or trailer
- Attached lip is built in to facilitate safe and secure loading and unloading
- Brand Guardian
- Model S-368-1500
- Weight 8 pounds
Yutrax’s 78-inch Tri-Fold Loading Ramps, designed for your UTV/ATV, provide you with the peace of mind that you crave when loading and unloading. The 32lbs of high-quality aluminum not only delivers a long-lasting and durable product, they enable these ramps to be carried around without doing your back in. And this discussed reliability is confirmed through the inclusion of welded rather than riveted hinges and joints.
The manufacturers are aware of their ramps’ steadfastness and thereby offer a warranty of one-year on their product. This confidence is surely influenced by their decision to include extruded rectangular side rails to avoid any unwanted bending due to weight. Combined with the taller rectangular cross-section which can support more weight, there’s no reason to worry about these ramps collapsing. If you desire ramps that never bend and always deliver, then look no further.
- Lightweight aluminum construction weighing only 32lb
- Manufacturer warranty of one-year
- Optimal length of 78" accommodates extra-long taller vehicles
- Avoided bending thanks to extruded rectangular side rails
- Rubber-coated tab attachment points facilitate vehicle ramp while avoiding scratching
- Brand Yutrax
- Model TX104
- Weight 29.9 pounds
Finally, the heavy-duty ATV loaders have a solution they can rely on. Titan’s ten-foot ramp has saved all dissatisfied loaders from spiraling into madness. This four-beamed design features 5/8” thick rungs – so loading on heavier items will be a piece of cake. Plus, the serrated crossbars will facilitate greater traction. If you’re concerned about the safety of the latter, then the included safety straps will sort you right out.
Loading four-wheelers into pickup trucks is made to be an easy and safe task due to the ramps being wide and long enough that the angle is not too steep. One thing that we will warn a prospective customer about is that these ramps are heavy. Yet this heaviness is complimented by their heavy-duty nature. Truly an excellent product, these ramps will sort out their buyer for years to come.
- Optimal clearance ensured thanks to arched design
- Can take up to 2,700 lbs of distributed weight
- Greater traction accommodated for thanks to serrated crossbars and safety straps
- 4.25" of average rung spacing
- Manufactured from high-quality aluminum
- Brand Titan Ramps
- Model (2)120D
- Weight 102 pounds
All ATVers know that the real problem with loading on the move is the aftermath; when there’s not enough space to store the ramps. That’s why Goplus’ Pair of Steel Loading Ramps for any ATV or other small vehicle are foldable so you can finally save some well-needed space. Containing two adjustable safety straps, these ramps also exhibit a non-skid surface to avoid any unwanted sliding and to keep your sparkling ramps clean from undesirable debris.
Each ramp can carry a fantastic 500lbs of weight. In this sense, double the ramp means double the power. What’s more, the offset design reduces chances that vehicles will bottom-out during the transition. The only concern that buyers point out are the sharp edges all over the ramps, so we recommend wearing gloves to stop any potential cuts and scratches in their tracks.
- Folded design easily creates more space when needed
- Safety enhanced due to two strong, adjustable safety straps which aim to reduce ramp kick-outs
- Non-Skid surface is maintained thanks to hollowed out design on the ramp, filtering any unwanted debris off of vehicle tires to keep spotless
- Offset design guarantees low profile vehicles won't bottom-out during transaction
- Made from high-quality, durable steel with a weight capacity of 500lbs
- Brand Goplus
- Model Folding Loading Ramps
The manufacturers at Highland and ATVers everywhere share one resounding goal: to make loading and unloading vehicles a simpler process. That’s why Highland have released their Aluminum Straight Loading Ramps which will change your loading process forever. To start off, these ramps being rust and corrosion resistant is undoubtedly just a few of the qualities that generates confidence in Highland’s ramps as well as their long-lasting durability. Manufacturers are so confident of their ramps’ success that they back them with a one-year warranty: although we aren’t that surprised given their confirmed strength.
Customers have several things to say, yet mostly concerning the unbeatable price of these ramps when compared with similar high-quality products. Their other unparalleled quality is the safety straps. Not only do they give their user some peace of mind due to their security, these straps hook up extremely well to both the latch ring on your back seats or the eyelets present on the sides of trailers. If you’re looking to save some of your hard-earned cash, then these beauties will do the trick.
- Come as a pair
- Rust and corrosion resistant ramps
- Manufacturer's limited warranty of one-year provided
- Extremely lightweight design for portable work
- Affordable price for level of quality ensured
- Brand Highland
- Model 1120500
- Weight 16.05 pounds
All you ATV fanatics out there, listen up. Goplus’ brand-new loading ramps have finally arrived and are very popular with users. They can hold a whopping 1760lbs of weight. That’s right: this means each ramp, when used separately, can accommodate 880lbs of pressure. And you can place your full trust in them due to the ramps being made from high-quality aircraft grade aluminum – meaning that they’re incredibly lightweight as well as practically indestructible.
The wonderous features these ramps possess just keep on giving. They’re both portable and foldable, giving yourself room to stretch out and relax while on the road. The arched nature of their design makes the process of loading and unloading even easier as high-centering is ultimately avoided. Finally, the rubber tipped fingers and safety straps are there for your security and assurances.
- Aluminum is first-rate aircraft grade and extremely lightweight
- Model is entirely safety proof with rubber tipped fingers and rubber safety straps
- Arched design helps facilitate maximum clearance and protect against high-centering
- Come in a pair, ensuring compatibility with heavy-duty four-wheeled vehicles
- Can be easily tucked away when not in use
- Brand Goplus
- Model Loading Ramps
Ironton’s Steel Ramps may be simpler than others, but they get a job done with no added stress. We recommend purchasing these ramps if you’re a simple soul who doesn’t require any added extras for loading and unloading. Their textured and non-slip surface is perfect for loading clunky machinery with slippery wheels. And this loaded machinery can be heavy too, as the 500lbs of weight capacity per ramp means that a vehicle weighing up to 1000lbs can be securely loaded.
Perfect for loading lawn tractors and ATVS, the ramps provide optimal width to fit both big and small wheels. Due to them being manufactured from high-quality and heavy-duty galvanized steel, you can be confident that Ironton’s ramps will retain their sturdy construction over time. And your safety has been thought about in the making of these ramps due to the inclusion of safety straps. What’s not to love?
- Sturdy ramps are perfect for moving heavy machinery into trucks
- Surface is non-slip so to ensure stability and safety when loading
- Galvanized steel construction designed to resist rust
- Cross members are close together so no wheels become trapped when loading
- Your safety is considered by the inclusion of added safety straps on the design
- Brand Ironton
- Model B00107130Q
- Weight 38 pounds
Black Widow’s unconventional tri-fold ATV Ramp has stunned buyers everywhere – and not in a bad way. It’s tri-fold structure enables bulky machinery to swiftly glide up the ramp with no difficulty. This machinery can range from a heavy snow blower to an ATV, as these ramps are able to hold a fantastic 1500lbs of weight. And their exceptional weight capacity isn’t surprising, given that they’re constructed from heavy-duty aluminum.
If you have any problems with the ramp, then Black Widow’s customer service is said to be unparalleled – with many customers rumored to have bought these ramps due to the fantastic service received in the past. If you’re looking for a sturdy ramp from a brand who truly care about their customers safety, then we’ve got the product for you.
- ATV ramp is constructed from heavy-duty aluminum
- Added traction ensured by punch hole solid surface
- Able to withstand a whopping weight capacity of 1,500lbs
- Folds down to 5-5/8 inches in order to accommodate sliding under ATV when being taken from one place to another
- Loading ramp is trifold and fits a wide variety of equipment
- Brand Black Widow
- Model TFS-7754
- Weight 60 pounds
If you’re simply taking a trip across town with small machinery in the back of your trailer or travelling hundreds of miles to ride your favorite trail, then in both cases Best Aluminum Ramps’ product makes it safe and easy to do so. Sporting an unmatched loading height from 12″ to 36″, you can be sure that your heavy machinery can be loaded without a problem.
This ramp can hold any machinery as long as it doesn’t surpass the generous loading capacity of 5,000lbs. It even includes a hook end to attach to your trailer! Plus, the company accept returns within thirty days for a full refund (minus shipping cost). Lightweight and sturdy, this ramp makes for a good companion at an admirably low price.
- Offers a load height from 12" right up to 36"
- Can be easily attached to trailer
- Perfect for loading any rubber-wheeled equipment that doesn't weigh more than 5,000 lbs per axle
- Product can be returned within thirty days for a full refund excluding shipping and handling
- Ramps are lightweight and heavy-duty to ensure long-lasting durability
- Brand Best Aluminum Ramps
- Model 50H-72-15-2.25-H
- Weight 64 pounds
Are you fed up with your one-dimensional ramp taking up too much room? Not only does Larin’s loading ramp fold away to create space in the truck, its dual-purpose design allows it to be used for both loading ATV’s and mowers alike as well as elevating. This optimal elevation capacity of 2,500 pounds whilst offering a height of up to six inches truly allows this ramp to stand out from the crowd.
When loading, this ramp can accommodate a loading ramp capacity of 750 pounds. Our favorite feature has to be the carry handles which protects its user from cutting themselves against the sharp edges and allows for easier transportation. Steel ramps have always been the handyman’s luxury and this product further represents this assertion. For such a cheap price, they can be yours for the taking.
- Carry handles are embedded into design to facilitate ramp movement
- Ramps can be used for both loading or elevating machinery or vehicles
- Offers an elevation height of up to six inches
- Able to accommodate a loading ramp capacity of 750 pounds and elevation ramp capacity of 2,500 pounds
- Durability is ensured thanks to heavy duty ramp construction
- Brand Larin
- Model FSR-2SL
- Weight 65 pounds
Best ATV Ramp Buying Guide and FAQ
What to Consider When Buying an ATV Ramp
The multitude of ATV ramp reviews online have the likelihood to scare a prospective customer away. Yet by asking yourself a few simple questions before purchase, you’ll be soon to join the 1% of buyers who weren’t conned into buying an ATV Ramp unsuitable for their needs.
- Should I choose a Steel or Aluminum Ramp?
Steel ramps tend to be able to hold heavier machinery due to flaunting a reinforced design whereas aluminum ramps are ideal for being transported and carrying more lightweight machinery.
- Do you use a truck or a trailer to transport your ATV?
Depending on your chosen ATV mode of transport, this loading height will make a difference in the ramp length for proper clearance. Therefore, in order to look out for yourself, be sure you know this figure before purchase.
Why You Should Invest in an ATV Ramp
- Invest in Your Safety
Just like you’ve surely bought a helmet for riding your ATV, spending your money making sure that your vehicle is moved safety is step two in becoming a responsible ATV owner. The added safety straps on most high-quality ramps should put you in good stead.
- Access to More Trails
f you’ve exhausted all the trails near your house and are looking for a bit of adventure elsewhere, an ATV Ramp will allow you to load your ATV on to your vehicle or trailer and hit the road running in no time at all.
Types of ATV Ramps
- Trifold: Whilst offering the width suitable to haul up an ATV, this width is fixed – meaning that trifold ramps are simple to set up and position. What’s more, since they fold into thirds, the extra space benefits are unparalleled.
- Dual Runner: This is your go-to design for accommodating ATVs due to the dual runner setup – made up of two separate ramps – being suitable for two and four wheelers alike. However, to work well these ramps require a higher ground clearance ATV if you wish to fit them under the ATV while driving.
- Non-Folding/Arched: If you don’t have any available length when loading and unloading, then non-folding/arched ramps will provide the needed clearance you crave.
How to Load Your ATV Into Your Truck
- Ramp Angle
Your ramps must be sitting at a shallow angle so that your ATV will be able to get up the ramp. If you cannot facilitate this, then ensure that you have the correct ramp texture, so your ATV doesn’t slide down, injuring yourself in the process.
- Location, Location, Location
Find a suitably flat spot which has enough of a surface area to run your ATV up the ramp. Likewise, make sure that you’re all kitted out with a helmet and solid footwear, just in case.
- Loading Itsel
Apply the throttle and keep your ATV at a steady speed yet enough to ensure that you make it up the ramp without stalling. Once you reach your destination, back off the throttle to stop your wheels from going too quickly, then simply stop when you’re in your desired location. Last thing is to strap it down and set off on your travels!
Best ATV Ramp FAQ:
Q: What is an ATV ramp?
An ATV Ramp is, quite simply, a device used to transport your beloved four-wheeler to your favorite riding spot. However, these ramps are also multi-functional – meaning that machinery such as snow blowers can be loaded depending on the ATV Ramp’s weight capacity.
Q: How do I pick the right ATV ramp size?
Successfully identifying the perfect ramp size for your ATV can be a daunting task. It’s important to be aware of several important figures to choose the right ramp which is compatible with your ATV:
Wheelbase – This is the horizontal distance between the center of the rear wheel to the front wheel.
Ground Clearance – Measuring the length between the lowest part of your ATV (excluding its tires and wheels) to the ground will generate this figure.
Loading Height/Rise – In order to generate this number, measure the distance between the ground and the highest point of the trailer which the ATV will be loaded upon.
Now comes the difficult part; configuring these numbers into an equation. To do this, we recommend using a Ramp Length Calculator. Our favorite has to be DiscountRamps calculator, for which you’ll find the link below. Yet if you’re a whiz at Maths, follow the formula below: Rise / (Ground Clearance / (Wheelbase x 0.5) 0.5 )) = Result
Q: Do I need a folding ramp if I want to take my ramps with me?
If you’ve got an excessive amount of room to spare, then by all means take your unfolded ramp along for the ride. Yet purchasing a folding ramp can significantly reduce the space sacrificed for your ATV, allowing for a little more room to stretch out and relax. Some ramps even fold into three: just like Black Widow’s Tri-Fold Ramp presented above.
Our Top Pick
So, out of all the fantastic selection of ATV Ramps reviewed for you today, which one would we trust to load and unload our own all-terrain vehicle in and out of our trailer? Guardian’s S-368-1500 Dual Runner Shed Ramps top the lot in more ways than one. For starters, the ability to mount them thanks to the pre-drilled holes with the security of the attached lip separates it from the rest. And how can we resist the allure of the tactical rung spacing; which allows for smaller wheels to drive over without slipping through the gaps as well as providing optimal texture. Finally, for those ATVers who struggle lifting heavy gear then the lightweight ramps are straightforward to set up and move whenever you please. Best to purchase them for yourself to prove us right.
- ATV Trailer Accessories – HowStuffWorks