Vehicles of all shapes and sizes depend on their headlights for guidance. This vital light source provides much-needed illumination throughout the year. Sometimes having an additional light source in the form of an LED light bar can enhance your driving experience, especially if you happen to be an off-roading enthusiast. This bright light mounted on your vehicle will allow you to go on adventures at night without worrying about bumping into jagged rocks or stumbling across a mud pit in the dark. Our buying guide below contains the cream of the crop in terms of durability, lumens and lifespan, so read on to learn more about the best ATV LED light bars available.
The Best ATV LED Light Bar
The Nilight ATV light bar was designed for off road use and is our top pick for several reasons. Both affordable and efficient, the NI06A series is easy to install and offers you more than 50,000 hours of illumination while you conquer all kinds of challenging terrain during your travels. Clear visibility during the night is incredibly important and this model delivers a flood of pure 126W white light via a new and improved PC lens. The lens is tough and was made for outdoor use where your vehicle is bound to run into mud, sand or water. This model also meets the I068 standard, meaning that it is waterproof and comes with cooling fans that prevent the unit from overheating. Moreover, the mounting brackets can be easily adjusted, allowing you to change the direction of the light beam. This versatile model can also be used in campers, motorcycles, UTVs as well as trucks.
- 126W white beam has a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- Includes durable cooling fans that prevent overheating
- Easy to attach and detach using the adjustable mounting bracket
- Waterproof with an anti-scratch lens designed for off road use
- Stable performance offered via dual row gold wire and copper layers
- Brand Nilight
- Model NI06A-126W
- Weight 4.4 pounds
The Eyourlife ATV LED light bar has a curved design and delivers a 288W bright beam with a lifespan of more than 30,000 hours. Made of aluminum alloy, this model is both durable and compatible with many powerful vehicles. Its beam has two settings: flood and spot. Floodlights can make a world of difference during your nocturnal ATV rides and offer the same level of brightness during the day as well. The curved design provides a broad view in the form of a 60-degree flood beam. The spotlight feature is energy efficient and provides a 30-degree beam, offering a more focused light source for your ATV. This model has a universal mounting size of 52 inches and the bracket itself is made of tough stainless steel. It also has an unbreakable PC lens that offers maximum illumination and will not collect dust during your off-road excursions.
- 288W beam available in both flood and spot modes
- Made of durable raw aluminum alloy to prevent overheating
- Curved design offers broad illumination day and night
- Stainless steel mounting bracket with a universal size of 52 inches
- Lifespan of more than 30,000 hours
- Brand Eyourlife
- Model 288W
- Weight 11 pounds
The YITAMOTOR LED light bar consists of a flood spot combo and a polycarbonate lens that are tailored for off road use. This model offers 54 watts of power delivered by two 60-degree flood beams and one 30-degree spot beam. The bulbs are encased in a tough aluminum alloy frame that comes in two different shades: red and black. This product has a lifespan of more than 50,000 hours and is sealed using a waterproof rubber pad and a silicone sealing trip, allowing you to use it during snow and rain season. The energy-efficient design is also resilient and designed to withstand dust, earthquakes as well as explosions. It also provides illumination from a distance, granting your clear visibility down dark trails at night.
- 54W with two 60° flood beam and one 30° spot beam
- Made of aluminum alloy with a tough PC lens
- LED bulbs offer efficient & long-distance illumination
- Includes easy to mount brackets
- Lifespan of more than 50,000 hours
- Brand YITAMOTOR
- Weight 3.25 pounds
The triple-row LED light bars from POWLAB offers high density illumination via a combination of spot and flood beams. This design offers 144 watts in the form of pure white light that is emitted from 10-degree spot beams and a 150-degree flood beam. This combo creates a concentrated beam of white light down dark and narrow trails, allowing you to ride your vehicle at night without worrying about falling in a mud pit. There are three rows in total with a broad reflective plate that increases efficiency and illumination. This model is also made of durable die-cast aluminum, has a polycarbonate lens and is compatible with all kinds of vehicles including bulldozers and rescue cars.
- 144W with 10° spot beam and 150° flood beam combo
- Broad reflective plate offers wide angle illumination
- Made of durable die-cast aluminum with a PC lens
- Dust and water resistant thanks to IP67 seal
- Lifespan of around 50,000 hours
- Brand POWLAB
- Model POW-0321
- Weight 3.65 pounds
The NI23C series from Nilight is another premium offering with a lifespan of more than 50,000 hours. This lamp consists of LED chips with a special radiation angle that creates a much-needed bright light for nocturnal off-road driving. These chips emit light from a deep reflective cup with an aluminum exterior made with waterproof glue that seals and protects the lamp from moisture all year round. Plus, the new and improved polycarbonate lens was designed for off road use and will not get scratched by tree branches or any other nature made obstacles that you may encounter while riding your ATV.
- 18W white spot beam with flush mount design
- Deep reflective cup creates better visibility
- Fan-shape prevents the bar from overheating
- Waterproof with an IP67 rating and resistant to dust
- Lifespan of 50,000 hours under normal use
- Brand Nilight
- Model NI23C-18W
- Weight 2 pounds
The Auxbeam LED light bar is another great source of light for your ATV. This model offers 72 watts and up to 7200 lumens of pure white light so you can drive your vehicle for long distances at night. Each bar consists of two rows of spot and flood beams. This combination enhances visibility and allows you to drive safely and confidently on familiar or new off-road trails. You can also control the position and direction of the light bar using the aluminum mounting brackets that accompany this design. The high intensity LED chips are energy efficient and have a lifetime of more than 30,000 hours.
- 72W pure white light with 30° spot beam and 60° flood beam combo
- 3D projector lens provides long distance illumination for night rides
- IP67 waterproof rated design made with diecast black aluminum
- Lifespan of more than 30,000 hours with a quick cooling heat sink
- Includes stainless steel mounting bracket
- Brand Auxbeam
- Model 70018824
- Weight 4.5 pounds
The NI01A series from Nilight is an ideal UTV light bar thanks to its 52-inch size and 300-watt output. This series is big on illumination with premium 3-watt LED chips and a natural white light that delivers much needed visibility during long distance driving. You can drive your vehicle in the rain and cross muddy rivers without worrying about damaging the bar thanks to its waterproof components. The rubber band, silicone seal and waterproof soft strip offer maximum protection against moisture. This model comes with an extremely functional mounting bracket that can be rotated a full 360 degrees. The durable bracket is made of die cast aluminum and is quakeproof and easy to install.
- 300W light bar with 300W spot and flood beam combo
- Durable PC lens paired with high quality LED chips
- IP67 waterproof rated with dustproof and anticorrosive properties
- 360° Diecast aluminum bracket designed for rugged terrain
- Working lifespan of more than 30,000 hours
- Brand Nilight
- Model 15026C-A
- Weight 4 pounds
The Kingopt 46 has a rapid cooling design and offers intense illumination in the form of spot and flood beams that emit white light and 128000 lumens. Dark roads are easily flooded with light thanks to the 170-degree flood beam that is surrounded by two rows of 15-degree spot beams. The durable and waterproof aluminum housing is also built to last and grants you better visibility during heavy rain and harsh weather conditions. Faster cooling prevents the unit from overheating and extends its lifespan to more than 100,000 hours. This model is compatible with a wide array of vehicles including SUVs, trucks as well as boats. It can be also mounted in different locations depending on the type of vehicle you own.
- 120W white light bar with 15° spot beam and 170° flood beam
- Durable acrylic lens with 5050SMD high quality LED chips
- Full aluminum housing with anti-corrosion properties
- IP68 waterproof rated and dustproof design
- Rapid cooling system with a lifespan of 100,000 hours
- Brand Kingopt
- Model Opt-46
- Weight 1.6 pounds
The Rigid Industries white light bar comes in a wide range of sizes and is made with high grade aluminum alloy. This 20-inch model has many functional features including a spot and flood beam combo in addition to built-in backlighting. This feature is available in different shades including blue and green, so you can add a unique touch to your ATV or UTV. You can turn on this light alongside the regular beams while you drive. The durable aluminum exterior is accompanied by a heat sink with black powder coated stainless steel mounting brackets. The lens is made of durable polycarbonate with an exposed circuit board. This model is also waterproof and designed to withstand rough terrain.
- 92W spot and flood beam combo with patented technology
- Includes backlighting option available in 5 different colors
- Impact resistant polycarbonate lens and exposed circuit board
- Ability to turn on backlighting while the regular LED lights are off
- Comes with L-shaped mounting brackets
- Brand Rigid Industries
- Model 22000
- Weight 7.65 pounds
The Northpole LED light bar is the final product in our comprehensive list of ATV LED lights and features a waterproof spot and flood combo with a durable aluminum exterior. This model was designed to deliver 300 watts of white light no matter the weather. The tough design includes an equally tough shatterproof lens and a wide voltage range, making it the ideal choice for all types of trucks and off-road vehicles. Low consumption is also on offer thanks to the eco-friendly design that has a lifespan of 30,000 hours. This light bar also comes with a stainless-steel mounting bracket that can be easily adjusted to suit your off-road lighting needs.
- 300W flood and spot beam combo
- 52 inch in length with a durable black aluminum exterior
- Anti-breakage lens designed to endure harsh outdoor conditions
- IP67 waterproof rated with dustproof, shockproof properties
- Low consumption design with a heat sink to prevent overheating
- Includes stainless steel adjustable mounting bracket
- Lifespan of 30,000 hours
- Brand Northpole Light
- Model 6598343971
- Weight 4.96 pounds
Choosing the best ATV LED light bar is made easy once you figure out the difference between each type. There are many models to choose from with a wide range of lumens and wattage that need to be taken into consideration while you shop for a light source for your off-road vehicle. Our guide below will help you learn more about this product and how you can install it and what you need to consider before clicking on the purchase button.
Things to Consider When Buying an ATV LED Light Bar
Nowadays, LED bulbs are the popular choice when it comes to both indoor and outdoor lighting. They are energy efficient and have a longer shelf life compared to traditional bulbs. They are also durable and can tolerate harsh conditions better than gas lamp bulb types. LEDs are more expensive but the one thing you need to remember is that this price offers you durability and brighter illumination. LEDs are also energy efficient and this is incredibly important if you spend your weekends and holidays with your ATV or UTV as your off-road companion. Nocturnal driving requires an intense light beam that travels the distance, uncovering hidden surprises and obstacles that can easily damage your tires. LEDs can save you money on repairs and provide you with a reliable light source, so investing in a pricey bar means little chance of accidents and more time spent riding your ATV and taking in the scenery around you.
Light bulbs have undergone a massive evolution over the decades, and this is evident in the increase in illumination and wattage. Lumens are always featured in any conversation concerning light and they are not to be confused with wattage. Lumens measure the amount of light found in a bulb or LED bar. More lumens mean more brightness, and this is exactly what you need for your off-road adventures. An incredibly bright beam will cut through rain and fog, providing you with much needed visibility no matter the time of day. Therefore, you need to make sure that you buy a light bar with an adequate level of lumens. Our list above features a wide range of LED bars with different Lumen levels so you can pick the best and brightest light bar for your ATV.
- Beam Type
Many bars come with a combination of two essential light patterns. These patterns make a world of difference to driving in general. Off-roading in particular requires specialized vehicles and tires that were designed for all kinds of challenging terrain, be it sand dunes or rugged mountain trails. It also requires a powerful beam that slices through the darkness like a knife. This type of illumination is available in two different patterns: spot and flood. Most models will have a combination of both beams in one light bar. This combo offers you the best of both worlds and this is exactly what you need while driving your all-terrain vehicle. The floodlights will provide you with wider illumination near your vehicle. This allows you to spot creatures big and small and hit your brakes if they happen to cross your path. Meanwhile, the spotlights will provide you with a more concentrated beam and long-distance illumination.
- Mounting Bracket
Every light bar has its own mounting bracket. Some are fixed while others can be easily rotated at different angles. This gives you better control over the direction of the light beam. Some bars come with rotating platforms that allow you to rotate the beam a full 360 degrees while others offer you limited 45-degree rotation. Therefore, you need to make sure that the light bar you intend to buy caters to your off-road needs. Having this adjustable feature can come in handy if you need to replace a tire or if you simply need to set up camp after sunrise. All you need to do is direct the beam in any direction of your choice and return them to their original position once you’re done.
LED lights for four wheelers are especially designed to withstand harsh environments, so the word durable here encompasses many features including tough aluminum housing. Most reliable models have been tested under different conditions and were granted an IP67 rating and above. This rating means that they are waterproof and can survive being submerged underwater at a depth of 3 feet. They are also resistant to dust and were constructed with special sealing components that prevent dirt and moisture from seeping into the bar and damaging the LED chips. Off-roading requires a durable lens as well, and this component is typically made of polycarbonate that can resist breakage and will not get easily scratched by jagged rocks or the occasional tree branch.
Different Types of ATV LED Light Bars
Your vehicle size usually dictates the type of LED bar you will need for your off-road excursions. The nature of your outdoor trips and the trails and landscapes you prefer to explore will also affect your purchasing decision. Luckily, there are many types of LED light bars to choose from.
- Single Row
Single row LED bars offer you enough brightness and lumens at an affordable price. If most of your off-roading takes place while the sun is still up, then chances are you will need one row of floodlights. This beam type allows you to explore your favorite trail without worrying about the sky getting dark on you. They are also available in a curved design that you can purchase for your jeep to add a touch of modern flare to your vehicle.
- Dual Row
Dual row bars offer you double the illumination and lumens. They are an ideal choice for riders who enjoy hitting the trails during winter and summer. Rain and fog are far from an obstacle thanks to this powerful light source. Dual row bars often have a combination of spot and flood beams that deliver better visibility, especially at night.
- Square Pods
This light source is usually sold in pairs and comes in the shape of a cube or square. These individual units offer you enough brightness as well, but they can be positioned next to or far away from each other. Square pods typically have a flood beam and can be mounted on all kinds of vehicles.
How to Install LED Light Bar on ATV?
Installation requires two things: knowledge and tools. Therefore, you need to make sure that you have your toolbox ready and stocked with screwdrivers, pliers and wrenches. You will also need a drill with the necessary drill bits in addition to measuring tape and crimpers for the connectors. Moreover, your newly purchased light bar needs to be tested before you go through the trouble of installing and mounting it. You can easily do this by linking it to your car battery. There are two wires that need connecting. The red one is connected to the positive battery terminal while the black one is connected to the negative terminal. If the bar lights up, then you may proceed to the installation guide.
- Your ATV needs to be dust and grime free, so make sure that you clean it before installing your new LED lights.
- You will be required to drill holes in the front in order to mount it. You will need to take the necessary measurements and use a pencil to mark the area where these holes will be drilled. You can skip this step if your ATV already has pre-drilled holes for additional lighting sources.
- Attach the mounting brackets to your ATV using the first set of screws. Refrain from attaching stud mounts to plastic. It might seem durable but keep in mind that you are attaching it to a moving vehicle with a vibrating engine. These vibrations will eventually cause cracks around the hole.
- Use the second set of screws to mount the bar onto its brackets. Make sure that the screws are secure and stable enough to carry the weight of the light bar. Do not overtighten the screws. Double check that the bar is correctly mounted, and nothing is loose or out of place.
How to Wire an ATV LED Light Bar
The next step involves a relay switch, electric tape in addition to butt connectors.
- Connect the light to the relay switch. This is done by fusing the connectors that belong to the light bar to the corresponding set of wires coming out of the switch. These wires are color coded red and black, so all you need to do is match the similar colored wires together.
- It is recommended that you use crimp or butt connectors instead of fusing the wires together. These connectors are safe, easy to use and better suited for off-road vehicles. Remember to add a layer of electric tape in order to cover any exposed piece of wire.
- Once you are done with the above step, you can proceed with connecting the battery to the relay switch. Simply connect the red wire to the battery’s positive terminal and hook up the black wire to the negative terminal.
- Test the LED light bar in order to confirm that you have indeed successfully wired it.
Our Top Pick
Our top pick is one of the brightest light bars on the market with a 20 inch long frame and high lumen chips . This product belongs to the NI06A series that was especially designed for off road use. Both energy efficient and affordable, this model has many essential features including waterproof components and a tough lens that will not crack or shatter as you venture down harsh and unforgiving terrain. This light bar delivers 50,000 hours of pure white rays and was built to last thanks to its aluminum alloy housing and cooling fans. The adjustable mounting brackets allow you to change the direction of the light beam and the combination of spot and flood beams offer you clear visibility while driving at night.
Choosing a four-wheeler light bar is made easy once you know what to look for in terms of features, brightness as well as beam type. Once you have successfully installed and wired your newly purchased LED bar, you can finally indulge in more weekend rides without worrying about the dark evening sky putting a damper on your adventure.
- How to Install Off Road LED Work Light Bar? – Instructables