From the core of your engine down to the pressure in your tires, everything needs to be-point. Getting the right jacks, pressure regulators and fluids for your car isn’t always a simple task. While major magazines and publications push products from incentives by companies, we march to the beat of a different drum. We’re mechanics, engineers, product experts, and DIY warriors, offering firsthand knowledge and professional experience to aid you in making the right choice for your car.
How We Curate Products
At Car Bibles, we understand that you’re looking for honest, accurate, and helpful automotive information. That’s why we take several important steps to choose the products we review or recommend to you.
To find the absolute best to include in our reviews, each product recommendation goes through a detailed vetting process. Through this process, we weed out products that use misinformation or fake user reviews to get your dollar.
We vet potential products based on a number of things:
- Real-World Experience: Our whole team has over 50 years of automotive experience to know collectively what works and what doesn’t. From professional car detailers to avid restoration mechanics, our team members have experience with different tools and accessories to judge what works and what doesn’t.
- Hands-On Experience: We can’t test every automotive product out there, but we like to get our hands on as many tools, accessories, and gadgets as possible. This is the best way we can see how a product performs under different conditions. If something doesn’t work as expected or advertised for us, it won’t make the cut.
- Expert Recommendations: Automotive pros tend to have great recommendations because their success hinges on quality products. That’s why we like to consult working professionals and established experts in the industry to learn what they like and dislike or to see how products perform in the real world.
- User Reviews: Genuine user feedback is priceless. We use the experiences others share to get some real-world insight into how different products perform, as long as the experience is real. There are plenty of fake reviews out there, so we take steps to identify individuals reviews and whole products that distort the truth and eliminate them from the review.
- Brand Reputation: Good, trustworthy brands are a great place to look for quality automotive products since a reputable brand is built on quality products. The problem is, there are many unknown or untrustworthy brands that want your dollar as well. So, when we research different product options, we research the companies that make them too. If a brand doesn’t have a well-known, positive reputation, we move on to brands that do.
- Sales Information: Sometimes, money speaks louder than the claims brands and products make. By looking at how a product performs economically, we can see exactly what the market thinks of it. In other words, if people really like something, they’re willing to spend their hard-earned money on it. These are trends we pick up on.
From the right tools and top-of-the-line hardware to simple, accurate information, we try to steer you towards products you can actually count on to keep your vehicle performing in peak condition.
Our Editorial Process
Creating quality content goes beyond just finding the right products you need or want. Quality content takes a lot of time and experience to craft. At Car Bibles, we’ve built our entire creative process around this goal of creating the best automotive content possible.
We also like to stay transparent about this process so you’re not left wondering whether you can trust the information you read from us. So, here’s how we craft every single article we publish.
The core of our team is the writers who take complex ideas and create easy-to-digest reviews, how-tos, and other content. Our writers come from all corners of the automotive world.
Some are working professionals like garage mechanics and car detailers who work on vehicles every single day. Others are automotive experts and product testers who keep tabs on the big trends and shifts in the industry.
Wherever they come from, all of our writers have the kind of automotive experience needed to offer trustworthy information and recommendations.
Beyond the writers, our team consists of people who know how to publish great content. Our editors look over every word that’s written, ensuring everything is easy and engaging to read.
It can be hard to trust a review site when you know they’re often paid by companies that make the products. That’s why we like to remain as transparent as possible about how we make money.
So, yes, we make money any time you buy a product or service from one of our affiliate partners; but we don’t select just anyone to work with us.
Like our product reviews, we take the time to vet our affiliates to make sure they offer quality products and services that will actually be valuable to you.
Want to know more? Contact us to talk about our work or anything related to the automotive world.
As Featured In
Dan started out in the garage with his father, and the rest is history. Achieving his goal of a Master’s in Mechanical Engineering in 2003, Dan took notice of cutting-edge automotive companies that have something to offer other than standard, run-of-the-mill products. Dan lends his knowledge and experience here at Car Bibles, crafting content from a professional standpoint to help you become a more equipped, hands-on car owner.
Where would a mechanical engineer be without his Automotive Engineer? Michael puts his two-year apprenticeship as an electrician and his Bachelor’s in Automotive Engineering to work here on Car Bibles, inspecting codes and regulations for electrical components, and educating readers on the fine-tuned specs of their cars, computing systems, and what makes them tick. Michael moonlights for us, and lives in the great state of Oregon, practicing what he preaches day in and day out.